Author Topic: HELP PLEASE - R1150GSA Idle Switch??  (Read 16148 times)

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
Re: HELP PLEASE - R1150GSA Idle Switch??
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2015, 01:34:05 PM »
OK.  Because I'm a sucker for punishment, or just pedantic, I asked the client to return his bike to me as the TPS adjustment, although the bike ran well, was still bothering me.

I decided to start from scratch.  First checked that I could could not adjust it and that the idle switch was still on.  Affirmative on both counts.

I then stripped and cleaned both throttle bodies.

Results still the same.

I then decided to go the digital multimeter route.

Backed out the butterfly stop screw on the LHS TB until the butterfly was completely closed and the stop was not in contact with the screw.  Fitted the TPS back on and connected it with the MM attached.  Adjusted TPS to give me 0.25V on the MM.  Then turned the butterfly stop screw in until I got 0.36V on the MM.

Hooked up the GS911 and Bingo!  The bar was sitting perfectly in the centre of the scale and the idle switch was off.  Hooked up the vacuum gauge and synced the RHS TB with the LHS one.

Motor now runs smoother than it ever has before.

The GS911 appears to create a little catch 22.  You cannot adjust the TPS unless it is correctly adjusted, in which case you have no need to adjust it.  If it is out of adjustment, well,  :o

The method I have used above allows you to adjust it initially, after which the GS911 can be used for finer adjustment.

mike d

Re: HELP PLEASE - R1150GSA Idle Switch??
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2015, 03:53:00 PM »
Excellent result!

Mike