Author Topic: Security  (Read 10371 times)

Onions

Security
« on: August 06, 2015, 12:07:35 AM »
I can understand the codes when responding to a forum post but the answering a question is ridiculous eg I don't give a rats bum what yr the water cooled GS came out.

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
Re: Security
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 06:25:53 AM »
I can understand the codes when responding to a forum post but the answering a question is ridiculous eg I don't give a rats bum what yr the water cooled GS came out.

Appears to be a bit of aggression in this post. Maybe you should tell us what this is about, otherwise it just appears to be some useless drivel that is really unnecessary here.

Onions

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 08:11:20 AM »
No aggressions just feedback - when you reply to a post you have to key in numbers to confirm you are not a spam bot (fair enough) - is it really necessary to also have a question about various BMW motorcycles as well. For example how many cyclinders does an 800cc have. I don't really know nor care as I don't have an 800cc BMW and will never have one. I don't like chain driven bikes. So all it does is delay the repair of my vehicles and cause unnecessary frustration while I have to hunt around to find out. Which I think is superfluous and a waste of time.

Another example on this message I have to answer on which side the  shaft drive is on an R1150RT. Now I don't really know as I don't have one but I'll guess the right because I have a GS - but that doesn't necessarily mean I am right and if I'm wrong I have to frig around to find out before I can send my responses - another unnecessary delay. This does not make for a pleasant customer experience.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 11:32:14 AM »
The requirement will go after you post a few times, annoyed me when I registered a long time back now I understand it

Onions

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 12:21:13 PM »
Thanks

Onions

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 03:37:41 AM »
Well fellows I am still lost.
Replaced the hall sensor (new) plugged in GS911. Still cannot see the ECU and suggests checking kill switch - so checked kill switch working fine.
Went to relay 8 Motronic Relay - works fine, check power at injector plug - nil. Power at relay yes.
So suspiciously looks like ECU has failed. Can these be tested out of the bike to ensure that it is faulty before I spend lots on a new one.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 04:22:32 AM »
A little more info on model of bike and model of GS911 would be helpful to enable comment on how to proceed with the fault finding

Onions

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 05:16:02 AM »
Wayne

I thought I had already posted this info so don't know where it has gone

It's a BMW 8/2000 R1150 GS non ABS. Hope that helps.
Thanks.

Onions

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2015, 05:24:09 AM »
Wayne

I thought I had already posted this info so don't know where it has gone

It's a BMW 8/2000 R1150 GS non ABS. Hope that helps.
Thanks.

Wayne

DH me posted in the wrong thread. Should be in  http://forum.hexcode.co.za/forum/index.php/topic,932.0.html

Sorry still getting used to the forum.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 05:27:57 AM »
OK, no worries, it is the old Motronic MA 2.4 on that model, not real familiar with the specifics on it but any of the GS911's should have no trouble seeing the module. Which GS911 model are you using ?

I would suggest using model/series menu then a basic module scan to see if it picks up any comms from the Motronic. After that I would look at the power to the actual Motronic at the socket to confirm it has power rather than at the injector. I would also check continuity of the wiring out to the diags socket before I considered replacement of the Motronic although I recall they are relatively low cost on EBay
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 05:37:40 AM by WayneC »

Onions

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 05:31:12 AM »
Wayne

I'll respond in proper thread.