Author Topic: operation issues  (Read 14658 times)

TRJeff

Re: operation issues
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2015, 05:15:35 PM »
the power led flashes green 7 times rapidly then goes to red/green rapidly, the other 2 led do not light at any time.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2015, 03:11:28 AM »
While I dont think it will be different why not plug the GS911 into the bike and confirm the same LED indications

marchyman

• Beta testers
    • SNAFU Home
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2015, 07:04:04 AM »
Power LED blinking GREEN at a 5 Hz rate indicates the device is booting.  If you are seeing 7 blinks my guess is that it is trying to boot for about 1.4 seconds, then...  A RED power LED indications a hardware or boot failure.   I've not seen any documentation that talks about an alternating red/green power LED. My guess (I'm doing a lot of that here) is that you've got a hardware or firmware issue.  Possibly the attempt to load new firmware failed.   It cab be a longish process (10-15 minutes).   I can imagine that a glitch or loss of power at the wrong time could cause issues.

I think you need to handle this through either Hexcode or their US distributor.

TRJeff

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2015, 11:48:41 AM »
When plugged into bike exactly the same, Tried a diffrent computer also and exactly the same

Peet Badenhorst

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 12:34:29 PM »
Thanks Guys.
Yes, we were indeed closed for easter and the other half of the team are on international flights at the moment! ;-)
TRJeff has logged a support ticket with us and well help him from here.
Regards
Peet

TRJeff

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2015, 02:32:49 PM »
Thank you for all the help, I got the unit back from Ted Porter's BeemerShop tested first on my I Phone and worked perfect. I have a new computer and after downloading all works great. My issue may have been with the USB ports on my old computer. Again thank you to all. ;D

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2015, 02:36:34 PM »
Not a worry, pleased to hear you are all up and running