Author Topic: Cant find "special functions" & so cant reset the service reminder  (Read 6390 times)

mungus

Got my new GS911 Wifi connected fine. Running the GS911 Wifi software on a recent SONY VAIO laptop.
Bike running (using laptop & USB). Can see ECU data in real time etc. Downloaded PDF's of the data etc :)
However I really wanted to begin by resetting the service reminder. So I went on the HEX website and saw how to...

Problem is there is no SPECIAL FUNCTIONS option on the series, modules menu. :(
Whats wrong? Please don't tell me I bought the only GS911 that doesn't allow this basic function? I thought they all could? (using the USB connection).
What should I do? Should I use the earlier GS911 software instead?  In case its relevant I also can't see any VIN's as being used on that function's page... (odd to me, shouldn't it have found mine?).

I have attached a PDF of my modules webpage. Thanks in advance for any help.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 11:44:18 PM by mungus »
Have faced the fact that you are past your prime when you decide to buy one of these tubs of lard!

mungus

Re: Cant find "special functions" & so cant reset the service reminder
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 10:58:35 AM »
OK - so I am officially a dumb arse. I finally found the link to the PC application download. I thought I had already done that by getting the PC & iOS connections APPs.
All installed now and connected with a way better range of options than the old webpage mobile APP provided.
Will try on the bike tomorrow morning and hoping I have found the solution.

One point though. IMHO it might have been useful to have that vital stage pointed out in bold letters on the quick start page that came with the unit & zip case.
Not all of us are puter geeks nor have we used the earlier non wifi versions before.

Just a thought...  ::)
Have faced the fact that you are past your prime when you decide to buy one of these tubs of lard!

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Cant find "special functions" & so cant reset the service reminder
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 03:17:43 AM »
Pleased you sorted it out, your initial post seemed to indicate you had downloaded the PC app as you referred to using the USB connection

mungus

Well it says to use the USB connection for the mobile APPs in the quick start guide too. So that's what I did. Anyway successfully reset the service reminder yesterday but I do think the quick start guide us lacking in explaining the need for installing the full PC application first...

Sent from my iPad