Author Topic: TPS Adaptation failure on a K1200S  (Read 6390 times)

fotodadi

TPS Adaptation failure on a K1200S
« on: January 07, 2015, 05:24:42 PM »
Hi all,

I am unable to complete the Reset Adaptation for the Throttle Position Switch with the GS911 tool.

The bike was brought to me in boxes and after almost 2 months we have it running. However, there is a problem with the throttle response; the engine speed remains unchanged for about 1 to 2 seconds after closing the throttle for all rpms over around 2000.

When running the GS911 I can see in the Output Test that the TPS changes in values which makes me think that the ECU is seeing the TPS change.

However, when running Reset Adaptations and I need to carry out the Throttle Adaptation, nothing happens when I twist the throttle grip. I am expecting to see the "Throttle Value at full throttle" move away for 0.00V and as such I am unable to complete the Reset Adaptation procedure.

Can anyone offer some insight into what I might be doing wrong?

kobus

• Beta testers
    • GS-911
Re: TPS Adaptation failure on a K1200S
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 09:24:57 AM »
I don't think it is something you are doing wrong with GS-911.

For some reason the ECU is unable to properly adapt the throttle value (yes the Throttle value at full throttle should not be 0V).
This could be due to a number of reasons - most properly the K1200 throttle body that came out of the box in bad shape.
---
R1200GS Adventure (personal weapon of choice)
... and then the company fleet.

Britmech

Re: TPS Adaptation failure on a K1200S
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 09:50:16 PM »
Not sure if this will help but I have had 2 k1300's with similar issues and it was the throttle bodies at fault check the area around the cable reels with the air box of and bike not running check the throttle flaps open and close correctly. carb cleaner and gt 85 freed of the flap linkage.
Just an idea.
Also it was not reaching full throttle ( using real time values this I think was viewed in % ) also make sure cables are correctly adjusted free-play on opener etc.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 09:53:33 PM by Britmech »