Author Topic: GS911Wifi USB problem  (Read 10201 times)

Bahnhofswerkstatt

• Bahnhofswerkstatt
GS911Wifi USB problem
« on: January 05, 2015, 11:09:43 AM »
Hi all,

I'm dealing with an annoying usb problem since i got the new Wifi version.
On certain computers (those i have used with the older GS911 before, both running WIN8.1) the USB connection is faulty. If i use the "Windows PC wifi utility" (1410.4) the 911 is shown to be connected after plugging it in but after a few seconds it says "no device connected", a few seconds later it's back again and so forth.
While "connected" the application shows the correct model number, the correct WLAN Network etc., i can even make the device to "beep" during that period of time.
The GS-Downloader (1408.1) takes longer time than usual and comes up with an error message "The I / O - operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request" (translated, the message appears in german).
With the older GS911 the downloader works as usual!

On two other computers (WIN7 and WIN8.1) everything works fine, even after connecting the older GS911 too...

Regards
 Frank
If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem!

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
Re: GS911Wifi USB problem
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 04:48:40 PM »
hi Frank,

can you post the exact German error you get pls - it will help us identify the issue...

I know certain Windows 8.1 updates have an issue with the USB... but let's see how we can get you sorted...

best
Stephan

currently riding:
    BMW F850GS Adv - slightly modified
    HD Pan America - development bike for ezCAN

Bahnhofswerkstatt

• Bahnhofswerkstatt
Re: GS911Wifi USB problem
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 08:30:33 PM »
Hi Stephan,

"Der E/A - Vorgang wurde wegen eines Threadendes oder einer Anwendungsanforderung abgebrochen"

this is the original message ;-)

Thanks for your quick response!

Frank
If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem!