Author Topic: NUDA 900  (Read 26830 times)

durobra

NUDA 900
« on: December 30, 2014, 03:00:33 PM »
Hi,
I have noticed that on some of the GS911 wifi download sites it is stated that the device is compatible with the Husqvarna Nuda. Is this incorrect as I thought there is still work to be done?
Many BMW-Husky owners are desperate to get access to their ECU's for maintenance and servicing issues and feel very let down by both BMW and KTM. Most of the BMW dealers here in the UK  have washed their hands of anything Husqvarna and KTM appear to be totally blind to the existing customers of their newly aquired marque!

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: NUDA 900
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 01:23:36 AM »
I know work is proceeding on the BMS-E equipped models but I am not sure of the state of play at the moment

What WiFi download sites are you referring to ?

durobra

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 12:28:00 PM »
It is mentioned at the bottom of the description on this site:-

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cobi.gs_911launcher

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 12:41:04 PM »
OK, had not seen that, in the latest release notes  http://www.hexcode.co.za/release-version-1411-is-now-available there are the following entries

*Added BMSE13
*VIN parsing for Husky

They dont specify "added model" for the Nuda though so I am a little unsure of the exact status, worth asking for clarification

obmerb

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 09:46:36 AM »
Recently grabbed a GS911 Wifi before a long road trip, unit worked great, as did the bike so not much use for the GS tool at the time.

A few Nuda owners would love to see the ability to reset the service reminder, mines currently been lit up for 15,000km... Dealers can't do it, or don't care to :\

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 10:35:31 AM »
Recently grabbed a GS911 Wifi before a long road trip, unit worked great, as did the bike so not much use for the GS tool at the time.

A few Nuda owners would love to see the ability to reset the service reminder, mines currently been lit up for 15,000km... Dealers can't do it, or don't care to :\

Hexcode are working on support and I keep reminding them I could use the feature along with a few others and test them, I am sure they feel the pressure  ;D

CaptainScarlet

the lost children of BMW....
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 03:35:21 PM »
 :) Hi All... New to the site and represent the voices of a hundred or so Husqvarna Nuda Owners worldwide....  I recieved my brand new GS911 Wifi  Enthusiast today 23/10/2015and plugged it into my bike....I am  very impressed with your work so far...  great to be able to see and reset faults, look at live engine readouts etc...  the one thing that will sell this unit in their hundreds if not thousands to all the other Nuda 900/900R owners will be the service light reset function... its the only question being asked on the forums about this device....  I for one would as a new purchaser welcome this feature... and if it is added  once word gets around you wont be able to make these tools fast enough... as another member mentioned... we have been abandoned by BMW... their MOSS system used to reset the service light and check for faults...  they passed this system to Husqvarna offroad dealers to help owners... since Jan 2015 they have withdrawn the system support...rendering these mulit thousand £ systems inoperable and with Nuda service resets.... leaving all the Nuda owners with a Dilemma......  a spanner in the dash...lit for life...?   or when Hexicode can...   spend the cost of one full dealer service on their own shiny new GS911 tool...?
:D    please please please add this functionality to your already legedary tool..... and you will be opening a new worldwide market at the same time.....to all Husqvarna Owners

many are waiting to purchase a GS-911.....and the only thing holding them back is the ability to reset service light function....    it is after all a BMW based bike...

I await with anticipation....for some fabulous support for your BMW partners.. Husqvarna...the 900R.... the lost children of BMW....      :-\

Peet Badenhorst

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 03:36:33 PM »
Good news all
Husky service reminder reset functionality through the cloud should be going out to the GS911 Wifi Beta testers group later this week!
Christmas might be coming early this year!
Regards
Peet

CaptainScarlet

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 03:45:07 PM »
great news...... i know what a lot of Nuda riders will be asking santa for this year!!  ;D

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 03:49:11 PM »
I have a test subject lined up and raring to go and if I was silly enough to tell people I would have a line up at the front door here in Oz  ;D

Now if adaption reset was to fall into a beta, there would probably be christmas presents from many Terra owners I can think of  8)

CaptainScarlet

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 03:18:56 PM »
I have a test subject lined up and raring to go and if I was silly enough to tell people I would have a line up at the front door here in Oz  ;D

Now if adaption reset was to fall into a beta, there would probably be christmas presents from many Terra owners I can think of  8)

Well said Wayne...  can you explain for the less technically minded readers what resetting the adaptation values does and what benefits it has please.....
this I agree would be a very useful addition... also now we are effectively dealer-less...  perhaps the option to code new parts as well... a few of our members have had to have dashboards replaced in the past due to manufacturing faults..these dashboards are the heart of the bike..paired to ECU's which only dealers can code to the bikes ..the parts are available but will not operate without this important ability...

::)

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 03:50:11 PM »
Firstly separate in your mind diagnostics, coding and programming, GS911 does diags and in some cases coding, one coding feature in there now is setting correct date and time internal to the dash, a few other items will appear when the hard working team at Hexcode complete their work, they even handle my dry Oz sense of humour along the way. Replacing modules/ECU's however requires programming and GS911 will not do that.

The Terra/Strada/Nuda owners are in the worst possible place as BMW supply only pre programmed ECU's/keys etc to Husky raising lead times and prices, you all need to complain to the legal Authorities in your country plus your local distributors/Husky and insist BMW Dealers be allowed to do the replacements/programming using unprogrammed stock especially the BMS-E. Go to Cafe Husky and join the agitation there, let us not involve Hexcode forum in this please

Adaptions are important, the adaption tables are set and provide base data to the BMS-E, when you change engine sensors/exhausts/air filter type the tables need to be reset by diagnostics routines and this is a standard feature for the other models covered by GS911, after the reset is done than a new set of tables is built by idling the machine until the cooling fan cuts in. This is a standard procedure for BMW cars and Bikes as well as other makes and models of vehicles. There are also times perhaps the tables can corrupt and so require a reset and rebuild

Hexcode are working on implementing the facility at the moment hence my stirring of the pot as I have a couple of Terra here I need to do adaption resets on. The Terra owners tend to make more changes than Nuda owners so run into the need a little more

Hope that answers your questions, re the dash assemblies I am on the look out for damaged dash assemblies to do some testing with so if you ever encounter any please let me know, a couple of Terra owners want me to look inside Dash and BMS-E assemblies to write up documents to go on line as I have for the earlier 650 BMW models

obmerb

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 12:04:32 PM »
Reading the release noted for 1511.2 it's listed the service reminder as being included now... huzzah! Except I can't find it, I assume it'd under Special Functions but alas I can't seem to locate it, just the usual set motorcycle date...

Also after the interface update it takes a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time to bring up the web interface.

kobus

• Beta testers
    • GS-911
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 12:48:22 PM »
Reading the release noted for 1511.2 it's listed the service reminder as being included now... huzzah! Except I can't find it, I assume it'd under Special Functions but alas I can't seem to locate it, just the usual set motorcycle date...
Strange  - are you sure this is using your browser? Double check there are no updates left and that the Datapack is 122.
If you still have an issue, please submit a helpdesk ticket.

Also after the interface update it takes a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time to bring up the web interface.
For the first run the browser needs to download all the java script, css and images again because it's been updated. Once it's cached it should be snappy again after the initial run. Even so, it should not take that long unless maybe the wifi signal is a bit weak (causing re-transmits and download errors).

---
R1200GS Adventure (personal weapon of choice)
... and then the company fleet.

obmerb

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 01:05:32 PM »
I'll take a look again after work tomorrow. I was using the downloaded PC utility software 1511.2 with datapack 3.30 (found that in the Help->About).

I'll double check the web interface from my laptop and make sure any Update button throughout the PC Utility and wifi utility gets clicked to bring things to the latest version.