Author Topic: Adding DWA to a 2005 R1200 RT  (Read 7764 times)

chopper_harris

Adding DWA to a 2005 R1200 RT
« on: December 26, 2014, 01:00:59 PM »
Folks

I am trying to add a combined RDC/DWA Unit to a 2005 RT.
I know that RDC did not launch until 2007, it is the DWA alarm functionality I need.

The unit was taken from a K12R, and is good. It is installed, and I can clear/add wheel sensor IDs via the GS911 RDC Advanced screen, so the unit appears to be functional.

The alarm unit does not arm/disarm, and no telltale on the dash ?

What I do not have a clear answer on is if/how to add the RDC/DWA unit to the central electronics ?

There are posts from 2-3 years ago, which talk about dealer programming of the DWA ?
The answers relate to adding sensors, not adding nett new RDC functionality to a bike.

Can anyone who has actually done this via the GS911 please let me know what steps I am missing.

Regards

Chopps

schuppi

Re: Adding DWA to a 2005 R1200 RT
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 11:37:32 PM »
 8)At first, I never did a retrofit like this.
But if I'm right, you didn't connect the DWA yet :). So, I would connect the DWA rightly to the bike and run an AutoScan with GS911.
See what happens, did DWA pops up > any error codes appears.
In my opinion, there are no entries in any module to enable DWA. I belief, after connecting of the DWA with the wiring and cycle the
ignition, maybe recycling, the DWA Module will be recognized in the Can-Bus.

Don't beat me if I'm wrong. ;)
That's the way I'would do it.
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more

Caerleon

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 04:05:02 PM »
Just recently had the Dealership add a new DWA unit to my R1200 RTP. The fitment was fine, it worked as it should, but they needed to program it as present within the electronics, you cant just plug and play any options on the bike. Well got it home and found out that the telltale dash light didnt work. It works perfectly well when using the dash test on the GS911.

Took it back yesterday for four recalls to be carried out and one of those was a re-program of the BMS. It now works! Personally, i think they were lazy on the installation, although i need a new fuel pump under warranty and thats the last of the recalls thus far.

schuppi

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 05:26:25 PM »
Hello and welcome to the GS-911-Forum.

Thank you for putting light on it. So we hope HEX will help us to do this by ourself.

Sometimes in the future 8) :)
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more