Author Topic: GS-911 Wifi R1200GSW Issues  (Read 12701 times)

advlust

GS-911 Wifi R1200GSW Issues
« on: November 02, 2014, 12:31:10 PM »
I have purchased the latest GS-911 wifi (GS1 000 419). Bike: 2013 R1200GS LC.

I have downloaded two versions of the software required to diagnose. One is the beta 1410.02 and the other 1303.3 . Below are the issues encountered:

1. When I run Version: 1303.3 Its first says:  "The application is more than a year old. For up to date features and functionality, please download the latest version from www.hexcode.co.za." Further in on the next step, on the test interface its says "Could not open USB: No supported USB Driver dll found Unplug and re-insert the GS-911 to complete the USB driver install or re-install the application."

2. I run the beta version: 1410.02: It works but does not do an AutoScan and a couple of other options like Central Vehicle Electronics and Instrument Cluster. It says "Negative response from the Controller". The others it shows error codes.

3. In the beta version 1410.02: Under Special Functions i only have two options Set Motorcycle Date and Service Reminder. But there is no option to change odometer reading and speedometer reading from miles to kilometres. This feature was advertised for the GS911-wifi.

Looking for answers from Hexcode and will be of great help if any users figured these.

Inspector Gadget

Re: GS-911 Wifi R1200GSW Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 05:23:49 PM »
Hi,

1a. The date-warning is normal, see it as a "service"-message, in case you have forgotten to check if indeed a newer version is available.
In this case, of a non-Beta version.
In the Release-version, v1303.3 which is indeed the latest version.

1b. You do not mention which Windows-version you are using but did you install the GS911 software with Admin-privileges?
As HexCode/GS911 application needs to install its own USB drivers.
Please see the following link;
http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/support/how-tos/how-to-update-the-usb-driver

kobus

• Beta testers
    • GS-911
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 06:25:40 PM »
Chait, please do not post to the forum AND to the helpdesk at the same time - that is not productive.
For reference purposes I am repeating some information here.

1. When I run Version: 1303.3 Its first says:  "The application is more than a year old. For up to date features and functionality, please download the latest version from www.hexcode.co.za." Further in on the next step, on the test interface its says "Could not open USB: No supported USB Driver dll found Unplug and re-insert the GS-911 to complete the USB driver install or re-install the application."
When Version 1303.3 was released there was no GS-911wifi interface yet - this is a new interface (available from July/August this year) and is currently only supported in the Beta version of the software - a new Release version is coming soon.

3. In the beta version 1410.02: Under Special Functions i only have two options Set Motorcycle Date and Service Reminder. But there is no option to change odometer reading and speedometer reading from miles to kilometres. This feature was advertised for the GS911-wifi.
No this is not advertised anywhere - you are confusing the R1200xx K24 chassis model functionality with the new R1200GS LC (K001 chassis). Although we will eventually do this for the new generation of clusters as well, these bikes have completely different controllers and different functionality.
When in doubt, look at function chart (http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/function-chart) or ask us if unsure.

---
R1200GS Adventure (personal weapon of choice)
... and then the company fleet.

advlust

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 07:07:03 PM »
Chait, please do not post to the forum AND to the helpdesk at the same time - that is not productive.
For reference purposes I am repeating some information here.

When Version 1303.3 was released there was no GS-911wifi interface yet - this is a new interface (available from July/August this year) and is currently only supported in the Beta version of the software - a new Release version is coming soon.

No this is not advertised anywhere - you are confusing the R1200xx K24 chassis model functionality with the new R1200GS LC (K001 chassis). Although we will eventually do this for the new generation of clusters as well, these bikes have completely different controllers and different functionality.
When in doubt, look at function chart (http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/function-chart) or ask us if unsure.

Thanks man! all sorted out and all features work after the firmware update.

I wasn't sure of how quick a response i would get so i posted in both places. I got some good customer service and will keep in mind the next time. I have a ride out in a couple of days and wanted to ensure all was fine with the GS-911.