Author Topic: iPhone - iOS  (Read 7481 times)

Mosher50

iPhone - iOS
« on: November 01, 2014, 05:51:04 PM »
Hello there,
I am new to this forum.
I bought GS-911 wifi as it is the first GS-911 that is compatible with iOS/Mac operating systems.

I was not able to register my newly purchased unit via the "Manual Registration" instructions.

I registered my unit via a friends windows computer and have the confirmation email.

I have been able to D2D with the unit via my iphone 6 (ios 8.1) and have been able to connect my GS-911 to my wifi router however, once the GS-911 has been connected to the wifi router I am NOT able to access and control the GS-911 via the 10.0.0.1

When in D2D mode I am also not able to access an of the items besides, network config, options, about. Ie I cannot use the gs-911 for diagnostics as of yet.

I am not an IT whizz I'm a mechanic. hahaha

I have narrowed my problem down to two items:
1. I cannot control the unit through the house wifi router as discribed I "Should be" able to.
2. I am unable to use the unit in D2D mode due to the unit thinking it still has to be registered (previously complied with via computer, email confirmation)

I do currently have an IT ticket in but was interested in seeing if other iOS users have been able to follow the instructions with success. Thank you all

Below I have listed my details

marchyman

• Beta testers
    • SNAFU Home
Re: iPhone - iOS
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 02:48:26 AM »
You wrote:

"however, once the GS-911 has been connected to the wifi router I am NOT able to access and control the GS-911 via the 10.0.0.1 "

That is (or at least may be) correct.  When connecting to a router the router will assign an address to the GS-911wifi.   That address may well be something different that 10.0.0.1.   Have you tried running the GS-911wifi utility on your mac/iphone/ipad?

Some of the info on this page might be of help.

Mosher50

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 04:31:13 AM »
I was able to get some settings changed on my router to allow some sort of outside connections which seemed to work. I must say I was a little overwhelmed with the data.

Professionally I am a mechanic, aircraft mechanic where it's no uncommon to have that data at your finger tips. Having the real time data at my finger tips with the GS-911 was surprising. I hope the capabilities will be added as far as what you can do with just the phone and unit.

Pardon the swypos

Sent from iPhone

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 04:39:37 AM »
Yes, when the WiFi unit is connected to the home WiFi network it will be using an IP Address for that network so 10.0.0.1 will not be the correct IP No

Use the GS911 WiFi utility if you have a MAC on the WiFi network to find the correct IP No. On my WiFi I have an IP No reserved for the GS911 so it is always allocated the same number, that will require a little skill in configuring your router. Many WiFi routers also have a menu item to tell you the IP No of the devices connected so that can also be used to find the GS911 WiFi

I am sure Hexcode staff will get back to you on the support ticket so I will leave the other issues for them to assist you but I would suggest you use your friends PC to make sure the unit has the latest firmware in it

marchyman

• Beta testers
    • SNAFU Home
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 05:13:57 AM »
You do not need a PC to download and update unit firmware.  There is a mac version of GS-911wifi utility available at the http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/downloads page.  It works quite well.   It's what I use to update the firmware and datapacks in my GS-911wifi as it is easier then breaking out my laptop.