Author Topic: Resetting Service Reminders  (Read 8344 times)

assaf.aman

Resetting Service Reminders
« on: October 11, 2014, 12:48:27 PM »
Just noticed yesterday that this feature is not supported by the APP but only by the PC software.

Pretty anoying because I need it every time Im servicing my bike, so it means it doesnt save me the trouble of connecting a laptop to the GS

Any thoughts?

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Resetting Service Reminders
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 04:11:32 AM »
In a service reading fault codes then following that with service reminder reset from the mobile or now the new WiFi would seem logical, there may be some reason it is not implemented that way, so it would be best for Hexcode to comment on it

LomTeePawBao

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 05:18:14 AM »
Wow Wow !!! Amazing . How can you do it? I never see.

assaf.aman

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 09:11:46 AM »
LomTeePawBao didnt understand your question. How can you do what?

Xchallenge

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 11:36:46 AM »
Don't waste your energy on spammers that pollutes the forum.

Compared to actually doing the service, I don't find connecting the laptop much trouble. Also I very much prefer the larger screen when I'm not travelling. Exactly that, limited screen size is in the FAQ given as one valid reason for not having service functionality in mobile apps.

This isn't really an explanation for their choice but it does make the intention and distinction between the different platforms very clear.

marchyman

• Beta testers
    • SNAFU Home
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 03:53:41 AM »
Guess: resetting the service indicator is a service item and service items are limited to one of the known VINs.   The PC app may be needed to handle the VIN look up.   Again, that is only a guess.

When the "cloud" functions are added to the WiFi version I hope that changes. In the mean while I take my laptop out to the garage when doing a service.  I need it for the other service functions, anyway.