Author Topic: Howdy From Little Rock Arkansas USA  (Read 4865 times)

billblecher

Howdy From Little Rock Arkansas USA
« on: October 07, 2014, 09:17:02 PM »
New to the forum just wanted to say howdy. I got a 2014 BMW K1600GTL that I purchased the new GS-911 wifi  for.  I would like to use this with a Dell Venue Pro Tablet running a Full Windows 8.1 Version, not that half breed version of windows. But I seem to have a problem, that I found I cannot load the program with downloader utility. It seems that there is an additional driver that needs to load after you connect the hardware to the computer and click on the download options.  The only reason I discovered this was I had a brainstorm to try an older laptop running windows 7. That worked and I got all the program downloaded an running and used it on my bike.

With Windows 8.1 I get to the Download Options button on the downloader connect the hardware and click it and it tells me that to follow the instructions in my browser, which is not displayed. Not even an icon on my desktop!  Will not finish the load one my Desktop computer either (also running 8.1)

Has anyone else run into this problem? and if so What is the work around? Would rather lug a tablet around on my bike than a larger laptop.

Thanks
BR
Bill Blecher

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Howdy From Little Rock Arkansas USA
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 03:12:46 AM »
Certainly odd, there have been no other reports like yours. The tablet is not launching the browser so open Internet Explorer first then launch the downloader and see what happens, if the download page does not appear in the browser lodge a support ticket with Hexcode

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:14:31 AM by WayneC »