Author Topic: K1300GT suddenly stalling  (Read 7657 times)

michaelS

K1300GT suddenly stalling
« on: August 17, 2014, 04:27:40 PM »
Hi I am new on this forum,
I have some trouble with a K1300GT,once in a while the motor stalls when I pull the clutch and the the engine is running idle!
I have looked at the datalog file but I cann't find anything wrong except in the column "starterfuntion BMSK"
Just before stalling the value changes from 0 to 1 can anyone explain to me what this function does and how it works?
Is it possible that this is cause that the engine stalls?

Here is the file with the data when the problem occurs , in timeline 723594 the motor stalls the first time if you lok at that moment at the column of the starterfunction
you can see it changes from 0 to 1 can someone tell me what this function is or does?
Help very much appreciated!!

To be clear there aren no faultcodes!
Stephan ,maybe you can help me on the way!
Thanks Mike Schoen

« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 09:28:31 PM by michaelS »

schuppi

Re: K1300GT suddenly stalling
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 10:51:12 AM »
Hello Michael,

in timeline 723594, the display value for rpm is 0! Also the value for throttle valve.
in my opinion, there is a break in the motor speed sensor. Please check wiring and sensor.

Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more

michaelS

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 09:21:18 PM »
Hi schuppi,
thanks for your reaction! the value ,0 from  throttle column  is the result of me closing the throttle,normaly the engine should run at idle
but as the file shows at the rpm column the engine stalls while driving i pull the clutch and start the engine as you can see!
So as far as I can see is the value 0 from the rpm not the cause but the result of the engine stalling?

schuppi

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 08:11:39 PM »
Hi Mike,
so it is. You're right. The signal of the motor speed sensor must allways been in the running window. Maybe from arround 300 rpm,
like starting speed, to max. speed. When all other sensors are sending their messages, the speed sensor must do the same.

I hope, you'll find the mistake with my explanation.

Have a nice day

translated with http://dict.leo.org/#/search=Erkl%C3%A4rung&searchLoc=0&resultOrder=basic&multiwordShowSingle=on
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more

Borgia

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 03:37:03 PM »
I have a friend with the same occasional stalling problem on his K1300GT. I was going to suggest to him that he may only get to the bottom of the problem by doing data logging with a GS-911. I am very interested in your diagnosis and hopefully solution. Please keep us posted.

mike
Hey BMW: No service manual = no new bike.

michaelS

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 04:19:18 PM »
I will ! If you post his catalog file we could compare them.
Grtz Mike
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 04:20:56 PM by michaelS »

Borgia

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 04:29:08 PM »
We have not done any logging on his bike and it won't happen in any early time frame as he does not have a GS-911 (I do) and we live some distance apart. That's one reason I am most interested in your results.

Regards
mike
Hey BMW: No service manual = no new bike.