Author Topic: K1600 911 uses?  (Read 5881 times)

roame

K1600 911 uses?
« on: August 10, 2014, 08:22:39 PM »
  I've received my 911.  (This is my first BMW and my first 911.)
I have downloaded the software, attached to the bike and reviewed fault codes, cleared fault codes, and reset my service needed indicator.
I have downloaded the Live-Graph program and looked at some of the graphs.
  (I don't anticipate needing to do that very often, but it is interesting.)
In reading on this forum I see some utilities such as calibrating a fuel strip?  I don't think that is done on the 1600.  My question would be: other than the fault code reading/reset and resetting my service indicator what can I use the 911 for??

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: K1600 911 uses?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 04:35:28 AM »
There is the capabliity to do diagnostic testing of components within the software, take a look around the menus for your model

roame

Re: K1600 911 uses?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 03:12:06 PM »
  Yeah I saw the components and what state they were in as I was looking and graphing.  I just seem to remember reading in other forums that if you did something, say with the windshield, that it may need to be calibrated.  That 's the sort of thing I was wondering about.  I had a program by another company, for a different manufacturer,  that would allow me to remap the air fuel ratio, calibrate the speedometer, most anything I might want to do.  They don't do BMW though.
  I'm satisfied that I can do diagnostic checks and reset that service indicator (that thing really bugged me) I just didn't want to be under utilizing the device because I am unaware of its full capabilities.
  When the weather cools down and my garage becomes more comfortable I'll spend more time poking around.  Till then unless I need to do diagnostics I'll just reset the service indicator, because I can.