Author Topic: Fuel Strip Calibration Error  (Read 3748 times)

HECOJohn

Fuel Strip Calibration Error
« on: June 29, 2014, 02:47:56 AM »
Aloha,

Anyone had a calibration error during fuel strip cal.?  I've got a brand new and dry fuel strip hanging off the side of the bike.  Battery voltage is 12.03.  I'm getting the message "An error occurred during calibration.  Error with calibration".

Any ideas?

John

HECOJohn

Re: Fuel Strip Calibration Error
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 03:16:23 AM »
Aloha,

After some digging around I answered my own question.  The fuel pump and heater plug need to be plugged into the fuel pump.  Oops.

Mahalo,
John

Snowy

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 08:10:20 PM »
That's strange as I had the same error with my original fuel strip which I assumed was broken. I bought a new fuel strip and that one has calibrated successfully. In both cases the fuel pump was not connected. Since the bikes still stripped down, I might go and try again with the pump connected this time. If that works I've just wasted the money on a new one.

Edit: Looks like you're right and I've wasted my money. Sure enough the old strip calibrated OK with the fuel pump connected. What I don't understand is why did the new strip calibrate OK without the pump connected?  Oh well, at least I have a spare....
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 08:43:14 PM by Snowy »

HECOJohn

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 09:19:36 PM »
Snowy,

You didn't waste money.  You are just hedging against a future failure.  It's just a matter of time before it really fails and costs never go down.  You will eventually need the new strip.

I think the real killer here is that you were able to calibrate the old one.  How many of us just believed it was dead, sent it to a dealer who gladly took our cash for something they could have just re-calibrated and sent us on our way with an hour and a half for Tupperware removal and installation.

Stephan T., can you explain the anomaly between having the electrical connected differently?

Mahalo,
John