Author Topic: GS911 - Feature Request / Question - On-Board Computer - K1200S  (Read 7113 times)

doom3mk

I have the following question:

ZFE in my motorcycle is described as ZFE-HIGH-ESA-ONLY and unfortunately, despite that I have RDC, ESA, ABS, ASC, missing ... On-Board Computer, and associated with this functionality:

- Range
- Fuel consumption
- Ambient temperature
- Oil level
- Average speed

"Ambient temperature" needs a sensor in front of the motorcycle, the same "oil level", but the rest is imho computed as the difference so I can only rely on version ZFE or its software + KOMBI?

Question if i change my ZFE to HIGH FULL version we get the above functionality, and whether at all to do this painlessly swap (ZFE swapping)?

In such a case was left to buy used sensors and have full functionality OBC (on-board computer).

On ebay for example, you can find a lot of ZFE in different versions for different models for good money.

Is the GS911 already has or will have the possibility to unlock these functions described above and whether it requires having ZFE FULL HIGH?

Perhaps there is some other method?

Official BMW Service wants about 1200 euro to enable OBC function :/

Regards
(BMW K1200S - 2008)

kobus

• Beta testers
    • GS-911
Re: GS911 - Feature Request / Question - On-Board Computer - K1200S
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 12:06:20 PM »
Is the GS911 already has or will have the possibility to unlock these functions described above and whether it requires having ZFE FULL HIGH?

Not in the forseeable future.
Keep in mind that besides configuration and coding there are hardware and firmware differences between ZFE Low, ZFE Basic and ZFE High.
---
R1200GS Adventure (personal weapon of choice)
... and then the company fleet.