Author Topic: dashbord fuel consumption question  (Read 6553 times)

Beemerboy

• owner of a R1200GS 2010
dashbord fuel consumption question
« on: May 06, 2014, 04:09:25 PM »
Hello,

Since the last beta update, I was able to set my fuel consumption reading at my dashbord into
KM per Liter, and thats absolute great !
I have a question about that. Because I changed it I looked regular at the fuel consumption of my bike.
Its a R1200GS  2010, with ofcourse the board computer  ;)
What I noticed was when I was driving and reset the fuel consumption reading, it first starts to calculate verry
quickly what the consumption at that moment is, than after a minute orso it sort of stabilize.. than after another
five to ten minutes, it starts to freeze up, so to speak and I see a change in fuel consumption..barely anymore.

I noticed this when I drove at the highway the reading was 1 liter to 16 km.. but when I quickly reset the fuel consumption
computer it then stabilized at 1 liter to 18 km.. which I think was the real consuption of my bike at that condition.

Does anyone noticed that too..?  Is it perhaps some (little flaw) in the new beta software, or is it just the way
BMW has programmed their software..?

Greetz
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 02:13:26 PM by Beemerboy »

Beemerboy

• owner of a R1200GS 2010
Re: dashbord fuel consumption question
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 03:42:33 PM »
nobody ?  ;)

Fifth Horseman

Re: dashbord fuel consumption question
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 10:04:41 AM »
The fuel consumption display is the average since reset.
Therefore just after being reset, it will be more influenced by short term variations until it builds up some data history to give a more accurate long rem average.