Author Topic: Tyre Pressure TPMS / Wake-Up tool for RDC  (Read 11594 times)

Skim

Re: Tyre Pressure TPMS / Wake-Up tool for RDC
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2017, 11:42:02 AM »
check youtube how to change batteries of sensor the videos are they.

Be careful following the youtube videos!  They are at best real "Heath Robinson" attempts.

To do this successfully requires the epoxy/resin to be removed around the battery, the battery unsoldered and replaced with the correct one like this:

Attempting to remove the battery by other methods often results in the circuit board copper tracks being damages and broken.  I often have clients walking in "hat in hand", asking to repair their buggered circuit boards.

Do yourself a favour and do the job properly the first time.  You will have at least 2 more years of hassle free monitoring before the batteries require changing again.

Hi Jughead,

Pse help... I also attempted to replace with standard 2032 battery. However, after a few hundred Km's it failed. Have not removed the unit  again, but I suspect the centrifugal force dislodged the contacts. Where do you get the one pictured? Part number?

Regards
Skim

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2017, 03:03:09 PM »
Hi Skim

Most electronic component suppliers stock them.  No idea of the part number.  If you google "cr2032 solder" and go to Images you will see all the variations.

peter_m

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2017, 07:54:09 PM »
hi skim   if uk based then http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_tagged_lithium_coincell_catalogue.htm has what you need ( no connection) google for 2032 solder tag or tagged 2032

Skim

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2017, 07:59:51 PM »
Jughead and Peter_m, thank you. Will Google and see what info I can get.
Regards
Skim