Author Topic: Phones with other OSes...  (Read 11900 times)

Mar-Q-s

Phones with other OSes...
« on: March 02, 2014, 11:26:47 PM »
Hi Folks,
some months ago I bought a GS-911 and made my Samsung Smartphone "Wave 2" communicate with it:

- download the gs911downloader.exe and execute it.
- Once prompted, plug the diagnostic tool to the usb of your pc.
- Now the system registers at the manufacturer's server and asks for an email adress.
- enter yours and wait for a mail to come, click the provided link in the mail for registration.
- After that, you can choose, which install file to download.
- get the "java-whatsoever"-version (jar-file) and save it via usb in a folder of your choice on the phone.
- Browse to that folder on your phone and just click it. Accept all the warnings about not signed software. (Don't worry, after about a year, my phone still works... ;-)
- On the hecode-homepage, there is also a set of screenshots, how to setup the device on the phone after installing the software.
- On my phone, I needed to set up a bluetooth connection (search for bt devices...) manually.
- but then, it obviously worked!

Regards,
Markus

Maybe, you also got a phone working with the GS-911. I just start a list of known phones, ok?

SAMSUNG - GT-S8530 - Wave 2 - OS: bada 1.2

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Phones with other OSes...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 05:14:10 AM »
Here in Oz, the Telstra T2/T3 phones work well with the GS911 Blutooth, they are not smart phones but are low cost and some here tuck one in with the GS911 on long trips as they have good remote area mobile coverage for emergencies
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 05:15:25 AM by WayneC »