General Category > How do I...

Anyone use GS-911 diagnostics on linux? Through Crossover?

(1/2) > >>

Waged3413:
Hello, all.  New GS-911wifi owner interested to see if anyone has run the necessary software on linux.  I searched a few different terms and found no hits via the forum's search function.

I still have a very ancient (EDIT: Windows Vista END EDIT) laptop around, but it's _so_ old and slow to boot or run software, and the battery is shot so must be plugged into power at all times, that I'd _really_ rather use my iMac or my linux machine if that's possible.

If it's not, okay, but I see someone using Parallels on a Macbook, so thought I'd inquire.

Thanks!

WayneC:
Simply set up a Win7 or Win10 Virtual Machine with VBox or VMware on the Linux System

It is still possible to use a W7 activation code to activate W10 at no cost on multiboot systems

Waged3413:

--- Quote from: WayneC on October 11, 2023, 02:35:58 AM ---It is still possible to use a W7 activation code to activate W10 at no cost on multiboot systems

--- End quote ---

I was unaware that was ever possible.  I have had a Win7 DVD and license key for years, and I _may_ have _not_ thrown it out a few weeks ago.  If I still have it, I'll see if the interwebs will show me a Win10 install image somewhere, and try my Win7 activation key on it.

Thanks.

WayneC:

--- Quote from: Waged3413 on October 11, 2023, 02:46:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: WayneC on October 11, 2023, 02:35:58 AM ---It is still possible to use a W7 activation code to activate W10 at no cost on multiboot systems

--- End quote ---

I was unaware that was ever possible.  I have had a Win7 DVD and license key for years, and I _may_ have _not_ thrown it out a few weeks ago.  If I still have it, I'll see if the interwebs will show me a Win10 install image somewhere, and try my Win7 activation key on it.

Thanks.

--- End quote ---

M$ allowed the use of W7 keys back at the intro of W10, I thought they stopped it but found they quietly left it in place, on a native (not VM) install you simply run the W10 install from USB or DVD as normal then enter the W7 key to activate, I have set up the systems I use for diags as dual boot & do W7 install first then W10 as 2nd install, W10 will often automatically find the W7 key & if BIOS has a W7 key auto adopt it but not always

Waged3413:
Very interesting!

You think it'll work in a VM install, too (VirtualBox), or only natively?

Crossover doesn't recognize that the GS-911 is plugged into a USB port when I try to install the diagnostics program there, so it seems like that's a no-go, at least on my system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version