Author Topic: K1600 Cylinder firing Order  (Read 6068 times)

e7navy1999

Re: K1600 Cylinder firing Order
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2022, 02:32:59 AM »
Thanks Botus.  I maybe made an error.  I am pretty sure mine is correct but after multiple times of taking the radiator out, I was frustrated.  I will keep you corrections in mind if I have to do it again.  I did actually start the engine with the #4 coil out and the GS911 did send a code and the code was clearly "coil #4 is the 6th in firing order".  Ultimately we need confirmation.  After all my efforts I did figure out a way to remove plugs and coils without removing the front wheel and without draining the entire radiator.  It requires some long socket extensions.  I did have to drain the top drivers left side upper radiator hose and it drains about 3 cups.  Make sure you pinch off the radiator overflow reservoir or it will drain out when you drain down the upper hose.  I used a small c-clamp and some thin wood so the hose would not get a hole.  Once the upper hose is drained down I removed both upper radiator retainer clips and move the radiator forward as far as it would go with a wood block.  That gave me room to pull the coils and plugs.  Cylinders 1-3 are simple to access.  Cylinder 4-6 you have to access from the drivers right side and are more challenging.