Author Topic: HEX's Big Daddy Promotion  (Read 4834 times)

Ruan

• Administrator
HEX's Big Daddy Promotion
« on: June 01, 2022, 01:13:07 PM »
Hi Guys

Just thought we should let the guys here know about the Big Daddy promo that's currently running! The GS-911 WiFi Enthusiast devices are being sold with a FREE upgrade to a Professional license, meaning you can help all your mates out with a service reminder reset or service functionality. It's running until the 17th of June as a father's day promo so if you want in on this, have a look at the website below:
https://www.hexinnovate.com/shop/

Considering that you'll be able to work on as many bikes as you'd like, I'd say get an adaptor cable as well!

karlh

Re: HEX's Big Daddy Promotion
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 11:11:13 PM »
So current Enthusiast owners are just out of luck?
Karl
2007 R1200ST

Ruan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 09:02:11 AM »
Hi Karl

Unfortunately, yes.

Kind regards and safe travels
Ruan

Skim

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 11:44:30 AM »
Where can I get prices in RSA Rand currency?

Mats@MFT

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2022, 04:10:50 PM »
Have you tried to change the currency in the HEX webshop
or a local distributor might help you https://www.hexinnovate.com/find-a-distributor/
GS-911.de
by MFT - Milewski Fahrzeugtechnik GmbH

jolo

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2022, 08:13:11 AM »
@Ruan
Does this offer apply to the trade in program?
Johan

garion

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2022, 08:18:53 PM »
Well this sucks. I literally had a GS-911wifi delivered today from twistedthrottle.

Ruan

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2022, 02:07:56 PM »

Hi Skim

You can order from our RSA online shop below, the promo is active there as well:
https://hexdiagnostics.co.za/product-category/gs-911/

Kind regards
Ruan

Ruan

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2022, 02:09:43 PM »
@Ruan
Does this offer apply to the trade in program?
Johan

Hi Johan

Unfortunately not, the promotion cannot be used in conjunction with other coupon codes (we provide a coupon for trade-in devices).

You can however purchase the Big Daddy promo anyway and sell the old GS-911 as a 2nd hand unit.

Kind regards
Ruan

Skim

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2022, 02:47:12 PM »

Hi Skim

You can order from our RSA online shop below, the promo is active there as well:
https://hexdiagnostics.co.za/product-category/gs-911/

Kind regards
Ruan

Done. Thank you Ruan. Registered an hour ago. Finalised with Reinerd from GPS4Africa on Saturday. Collected in Nelspruit this morning. Will start exploring soon.

botus

• Beta testers
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2022, 10:35:18 AM »
if you are after some revenue (by offering a mega deal on new purchases) - why not open up a deal on updating enthusiast to professional ?

or something like a 1/3 price deal to add another 5 to the enthusiast plus?

there's no way I'm wasting any of mine on a mates bike unless they want to fund £100 each to help when I get screwed over - thus you get less feedback on developing the product and far less new bikes plugged in (for the same reason) ?

you could let those that still have a bike in warranty / service need and thus taking loaners / demo bike's home grab the latest data for you
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 10:36:51 AM by botus »

Mats@MFT

• Global Moderator
GS-911.de
by MFT - Milewski Fahrzeugtechnik GmbH

botus

• Beta testers
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2022, 12:15:45 PM »
You mean this? https://www.hexgs911.com/faq/how-do-i-upgrade-to-the-professional-version/

yes I know its possible - but the only one paying that fee should be people making money servicing bike's - and it should include a 10 year warranty for devices that have gone pop inside but the outer casing looks like new (thus indicating its been treated well)

yes of course Hex need a way to make the business work

but then the current deal of professional for enthusiasts price - counteracts any argument to that regard - so it's get some money in now - therefore, if they say for $125 I can go unlimited bikes (or maybe add another 10) - I'd do it - event though its HIGHLY unlikely I'll ever hit 10 bikes - I haven't even got my current bike on there just in case... 

the deal should have been 15 bikes and an offer for those with the red device to get 5 more (than the 10) for $100

they could even do 1 license a year, if prepared to help with development - so long standing supporters are looked after - and gits scamming owners for an oil change aren't just winning the lottery

« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 12:21:04 PM by botus »

Ruan

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2022, 03:05:37 PM »
Hi Botus

Thank you so much for your feedback and insight here. Unfortunately we don't have a referral program in place of yet to incentivize our existing client base, but we are looking into ways to reward existing clients.

Regarding the cost of an upgrade, this section sums it up well:
https://www.hexgs911.com/faq/can-i-delete-a-vin-entry-from-my-vin-list-2/

Regarding helping out one of your mates, generally, helping out is when something goes horribly wrong. In these cases, emergency functionality like an autoscan, reading/clearing faults or running real-time values - this is usually sufficient to get to the bottom of a problem and/or clear a fault that's causing the bike to be disabled/limp mode, etc. We don't require you to store a VIN for these functions, only when you run a service function like resetting the service reminder, bleeding brakes, testing outputs, etc. On those occasions, we also do prompt that you will need to store the VIN to avoid accidentally storing a VIN number.

I hope this helps, please feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards
Ruan

botus

• Beta testers
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2022, 11:20:33 AM »
Thanks Ruan,

didn't realise one could clear as well - that's a nice extra.

I was thinking about the full price on the professional version - and my idea on a support contract for units that pop at 10 years, that's probably a bit generous, with the way the tool functions now, maybe you can look at how much use its had - if a garage has done 500 bikes at $200 min ($400 ave) repair costs - they can afford to pay for the toys helping them earn this.  Whereas an owner who has used once a year, on one bike, are more worthy of support...

for the amateur, who keeps demonstrating the benefits of your tool (and thus likely driving sales), plus helps keep BMW sales going by supporting the brand - how are they winning under the present schemes?  I'd feel happier to have 5 more licences and I'd pay $100 for the benefit

FYI I sent some logs on 2207.3 - had no response - https://forum.hexcode.co.za/forum/index.php/topic,4193.msg14477.html#msg14477