Author Topic: Servo activates when connected to GS 911?  (Read 2785 times)

JayGS

Servo activates when connected to GS 911?
« on: May 20, 2022, 10:04:08 PM »
I have a 2006 1200GS giving codes for Pressure in front wheel circuit too high and also saying the rear pressure is too low. When the bike is running and riding the brakes work fine and I can hear the servo activate for the front and rear. Attempted a brake fluid flush today but when I hook up the GS 911 both servos activate and don't stop. When I turn off the key the servos still run until I turn the key back on to restart the motorcycles normal start up procedure. This does not happen when I started the motorcycle and ride it, only when I connect the GS 911.

Anyone have any ideas? I just replaced all brake fluid, front and rear including the ABS reservoirs.

real time values were;

Front wheel sensor voltage- 1.50 V
Rear wheel sensor voltage- 1.52
Pressure wheel circuit front- 116.5 Bar
Pressure wheel circuit rear-  18.3 Bar
Pressure control circuit front- 19.3
Pressure control circuit rear- 18.9

JayGS

Re: Servo activates when connected to GS 911?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 11:26:47 PM »
I noticed the front wheel pressure circuit is not showing much change in the real time values even when the front brake is applied. Looks to be some fault with the pressure sensor. Im guessing the sensor is in the ABS module itself right? anyone been able to successfully repair one?

JayGS

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 05:11:34 AM »
Another update, front pressure sensor seems to be working intermittently. After taking a break, I hooked up the GS911 agains and found the numbers within normal range for all sensors. after applying the breaks a few times the pressure jumped back up to over 100 and stayed there. I think Ill dive into the ABS module and see what I can find out since that seems to be the only option. The only site I know that does the rebuilds is not taking orders currently. On a positive note, the servo's are no longer activating when the ABS is hooked up.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 07:18:08 AM by JayGS »

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 02:02:04 PM »
Yes, the pressure sensors are on the ABS pump.  The control circuit sensors are inside the pump (behind the controller) while the wheel circuit sensors are on the outside on the left end of the pump as view from the seated position.

Both front and rear control circuit sensors are on the same module (you cannot separate them) and the wheel circuit sensors are on the same module.

Checking the Realtime Values, the pressure of all four sensors should be somewhere between 18 and 24bar.

JayGS

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2022, 09:44:09 PM »
I took apart the ABS module last night. It was pretty clean on the inside for the most part. all the internal o-rings and filters were were in good shape. The only part I didn't tamper with were the motors at the base of the module because I believe those are part of the control circuit and that system is showing no faults. I sprayed the crap out of the pressure sensor for the wheel circuit with electric cleaner and compressed air. The sensor itself did have some gunk on it on one corner that had hardened and appeared to bridge the small space between the pressure plate and the housing. I was hopeful that was the problem since I didn't find any other potential problems. The passage to the sensor was unobstructed and cleaned.

I put it all back together today and still showing high pressure(120 bar) in the front wheel circuit!! I guess it has to be a faulty sensor. Anything else I should try before gambling on a used ABS unit if I can find one?

dimdazzling

• penalty kick online
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2023, 05:07:04 AM »
I took apart the ABS module last night. It was pretty clean on the inside for the most part. all the internal o-rings and filters were were in good shape. The only part I didn't tamper with were the motors at the base of the module because I believe those are part of the control circuit and that system is showing no faults. I sprayed the crap out of the pressure sensor for the wheel circuit with electric cleaner and compressed air. The sensor itself did have some gunk on it on one corner that had hardened and appeared to bridge the small space between the pressure plate and the housing. I was hopeful that was the problem since I didn't find any other potential problems. The passage to the sensor was unobstructed and cleaned.

I put it all back together today and still showing high pressure(120 bar) in the front wheel circuit!! I guess it has to be a faulty sensor. Anything else I should try before gambling on a used ABS unit if I can find one?
Is it a bug you can fix yourself?