Author Topic: Add setting changes for MPH/KM/h  (Read 3474 times)

wbrisett

Add setting changes for MPH/KM/h
« on: April 26, 2022, 08:13:38 PM »
On US bikes BMW as opted not to provide the option of switching between MPH and km/h. Ironically Canadian BMWs have that setting in the configuration settings so if they come across the border they can easily change their speed indicator. I know part of what has always made the GS-911 appealing is the enhancements they have made over the years. Any chance of adding this functionality or is that hard firmware update needed for US bikes?

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Add setting changes for MPH/KM/h
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 02:31:24 AM »
The ability to provide the feature of changing from km/h & MPH will be model dependent, which models are you referring to ?

wbrisett

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 12:59:54 PM »
Sorry, on modern GS's with the TTF screens.

carbold

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 07:34:24 PM »
I think I have a related issue....I posted in a different thread but this might be better suited. My bike is an Urban GS.
I have a KOSO DL04 instrument cluster, which displays all the hidden functions such as fuel consumption, battery voltage, revs, gears etc.
When I plug the GS-911 I can't find the Cluster Coding menu, which in other bikes allows you to change the units (for example mpg to l/100km).
Is it that I can't find it, or maybe because being the "detected bike"  an Urban GS it just doesn't provide the Cluster Coding  because the OEM instrument cluster doesn't have the fuel consumption?
Any workaround? (e.g. selecting a different bike)?

schuppi

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2022, 10:20:34 PM »
Hello
Then I'll answer your question, but if no answer comes, it should be clear that nobody here has an answer

Expecting answers to questions about an aftermarket speedometer is arguably a little tricky.
No idea if the GS911 can read this instrument at all.
Here you owe us an autoscan.

However, in order to get exact information, an inquiry with the manufacturer / seller of this instrument is necessary
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more

carbold

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2022, 10:42:26 PM »
Thanks for your answer. Yeah I understand mine is quite a specific question, apologies…
My question is not related to the KOSO instrument though. Regardless of the instrument, I just want to know if for my bike I am supposed to be able to access the Cluster Coding Menu. Or is it just not in the menu for my bike?

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2022, 04:02:35 AM »
GS911 can normally only code a parameter if the ECU firmware is written by BMW to allow coding of the parameter

carbold

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2022, 08:57:37 AM »
Thanks. Can somebody with an Urban GS (or similar RnineT with just 1 speedo) confirm if the cluster coding is present in their menu?

ikeapiccalilli

• funny shooter 2
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2023, 06:12:59 AM »
I understand my is somewhat a specific question. But, my inquiry is not associated with the KOSO instrument in any way.