Author Topic: Throttle Adaptation Value Reset Issue  (Read 2439 times)

paul.stallard

Throttle Adaptation Value Reset Issue
« on: February 19, 2023, 08:15:04 PM »
Hi,
I've received my GS-911Wifi and am so far pleased with it. Very interesting looking at the Autoscan results - I can't yet say enlightening because I'll have to understand what I'm looking at before I can say that, I think!!
Anyway, I did various bits and pieces like checking the motion of the exhaust flap and operating the cooling fan - all very good.
I reset the adaptation figures through the service functions on a couple of items and then I set about resetting the throttle grip adaptation figure. It started out at 98% and I wanted it back to 100%.
The system started doing it and I followed the instructions on the phone screen but it aborted early leaving an engine fault message on the bike's TFT screen. The bike starts and runs no problem and using the whizz-wheel I can shove the notice off the screen (the warning triangle remains lit) but the fault notice remains despite me going through the process again.
Now, I am unable to clear the fault code - it persistently sits there growling at me whenever I start the bike.
I'm unsure whether the issues have been caused because my cloud link stopped for some reason but anyway...
So, I wonder whether I need to get the bike in range of my wifi network and by using the Macbook (rather than relying on my iphone hotspot) redo the reset of the throttle adaptation value through the service functions then clear the fault code?
Anyway, if anyone has an idea that might be helpful - I'd be obliged to hear it.

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Throttle Adaptation Value Reset Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 01:30:55 AM »
Welcome to the forum & purchase of the GS911

You dont mention registering the unit or ensuring firmware is up to date

Firstly when posting indicate the bike model, without knowing that it is hard to assist

With the issue you encountered lodge a support ticket with help desk https://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1

Adaption resets in general & on the models I am familiar with would only be done if the bike was running poorly or a component had been replaced, a reset to change what I assume you mean max throttle setting from 98 to 100% would not normally be done as max value is set as you ride & twist throttle

Once the adatptions are reset the rebuild process is internal to the ECU so should not be affected by loss of comms to GS911

paul.stallard

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 09:08:09 AM »
Hi and thanks for the welcome and reply.
Yes, the unit is new and registered to me. The firmware did update before I started at the bike which is a '21 R1250RT. Your assumption about the throttle grip value is correct. I'm going to repeat the process in an attempt to validate and the reset the fault code once I've managed to get the bike to somewhere in range of a usable WiFi network.

paul.stallard

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 05:29:15 PM »
The 911 on a full Wi-Fi network worked very well and all faults cleared really smoothly after I redid the adaptation value reset in the throttle grip. Riding home soon afterwards and an engine fault light came on - ah well, I'll try again tomorrow.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2023, 02:08:09 AM »
The 911 on a full Wi-Fi network worked very well and all faults cleared really smoothly after I redid the adaptation value reset in the throttle grip. Riding home soon afterwards and an engine fault light came on - ah well, I'll try again tomorrow.

See what the fault code causing the engine fault light, perhaps it is unrelated, lodging a support ticket with Hexcode & providing the log files would enable them to see what is happening, you can upload the fault codes using the web browser GUI

paul.stallard

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2023, 09:41:30 AM »
Thanks for that, Wayne. I will. I plan on scanning again this morning. 👍

paul.stallard

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2023, 03:01:40 PM »
Okay...
This morning I managed to get everything talking to each other quite quickly and really well and thankfully the 911 managed to sort everything out. I redid all the adaptation values, cycled every system I could, cleared four faults it found including the dreaded exhaust flap fault, did three autoscans then I took the machine off on an hour long fairly hard ride to let the quick shift system relearn everything.
Brilliant - pure dead brilliant!
The quick shift had been a wee bit clunky between 2 and 3 and slightly lumpy in the higher gears- I'm a clutch kind of guy anyway so it didn't really matter but now even downshifting using QS is almost a pleasure! Occasionally the bike was strangely missing neutral while stopped but that now seems to be resolved.
Very happy with the bike and especially pleased with the 911 a thanks HEX.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2023, 12:54:23 AM »
Good to hear all sorted & the adaption resets resolved the bike issues