Author Topic: New Firmware/Software Available (April 2023)  (Read 13358 times)

Francois Barnard

• Administrator
    • HEX Innovate
Re: New Firmware/Software Available
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2022, 01:24:08 PM »
Hi all,

I would like to shed some light on versions mentioned here:
- GS-911 Diagnostics v2207.2 is the current general RELEASE version, anything after that (e.g. v2209.3) are BETA versions which are released much more frequently. If you are getting update available messages when on v2207.2 or above your device is marked as BETA. Should you prefer not having potentially multiple updates per month (with new features, etc), please ask to be reverted to the general RELEASE group.
- GS-911 Legacy v2207+ explicitly disables support for red devices since they are supported in the new GS-911 Diagnostics software which has all of the same functionality, as well as numerous other features and supported BMW models/controllers. If something is missing for you in the new GS-911 Diagnostics application (causing you to want to revert to GS-911 Legacy) please let us know so that we can make the new application the preferred experience.
The GS-911 Legacy is only maintained for support of the older yellow devices without new features/supported models.

Kind regards,
Francois

botus

• Beta testers
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2022, 08:10:00 PM »
Hi Francois

thanks for reply, open dialogue and clarification.
I do appreciate the development work on going - I was only offering support and some observations trying to help

Francois Barnard

• Administrator
    • HEX Innovate
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2022, 10:59:41 AM »
Hi Francois

thanks for reply, open dialogue and clarification.
I do appreciate the development work on going - I was only offering support and some observations trying to help

Hi botus,

No problem! We really appreciate the willingness of BETA testers to try everything and iron out issues, especially when they provide feedback ;)

Kind regards,
Francois

Francois Barnard

• Administrator
    • HEX Innovate
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2023, 07:51:39 AM »
Hi all forum users!

New GS-911 Software and Firmware has been released! Please refer to https://www.hexgs911.com/news/april-2023-software-and-firmware-updates/ for more info

Kind regards,
Francois

macmanaman

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2023, 11:43:51 PM »
Hi,

I have been suggested by Wilco to use the beta program that solves a bug that stops the process of coding the retrofit of RDC but I am unable to found any new release. Do you know how to do access it?

Regards.

Hi all,

Only want to confirm that RDC retrofit is working perfect.

Thanks for all the kind support.

Skim

« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2023, 01:04:55 PM »
Really like some of the new features. Specifically the .pdf printing for ease of maintaining service history.
A few queries on values. See attached.
1.   Autoscan.
a.   I assume the Date value of 0210 denotes February 2010?
2.   Tyre Pressure Monitor (RDC) Realtime values
a.   Tyre temp indicated as 215 C. Actual was 19 C.
b.   Tyre Pressure indicated as 5.1 Bar on both tyres. Actual was 2,8 Rear and 2,5 Front.
3.   Selected Engine controller Real Time values
a.   Knock Sensor 1 Voltage 26,93 Volts. Is this correct unit or should it be mV?

Will hopefully do some more work during the next two weeks as service is almost due.

Unable to add .jpg attachments.

GS Jim

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2023, 06:54:58 PM »
On the tire pressure/temp those look like what you get when the sensors are not awake. Either use a wake up tool or ride the bike and then check before killing power.

Skim

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2023, 10:09:46 PM »
On the tire pressure/temp those look like what you get when the sensors are not awake. Either use a wake up tool or ride the bike and then check before killing power.

Thanks Jim. Makes sense, will check.

Francois Barnard

• Administrator
    • HEX Innovate
Re: New Firmware/Software Available (April 2023)
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2023, 12:35:02 PM »
Hi GS-911 forum users,

July 2023 updates have been released. Please refer to the news page for more info: https://www.hexgs911.com/news/july-2023-software-and-firmware-updates/

Kind regards,
Francois

karlh

Re: New Firmware/Software Available (July 2023)
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2023, 11:06:46 PM »
To Hex Innovate:  Please don't post these messages on the end of an old thread.  Start a new thread for each new release.
Karl
2007 R1200ST

Francois Barnard

• Administrator
    • HEX Innovate
Re: New Firmware/Software Available (July 2023)
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2023, 07:19:46 AM »
To Hex Innovate:  Please don't post these messages on the end of an old thread.  Start a new thread for each new release.

Hi Karl,

I considered rather creating a new topic, but that would mean users that are subscribed on this topic would not get a notification. I realize now that posting a new topic is probably better for 2 reasons:
1. all users subscribed to the GS-911 board will get a notification, rather than just this topic
2. a new topic creates a separate space for discussions related to the new release

I will make a new topic and revert this one to April 2023

Kind regards,
Francois