Author Topic: KTM Support  (Read 3586 times)

fredaroony

KTM Support
« on: January 24, 2022, 03:39:15 AM »
I've been using my GS911 on my BMW bikes for years but there is no equivalent for late model KTMs.

I would LOVE to have a GS911 for my 790 Duke and since you've developed a EZCan, it may be worth looking at?

Ruan

• Administrator
Re: KTM Support
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 09:56:38 AM »
Hi Fredaroony

Thank you for your kind words, great to hear you enjoying the GS-911. Unfortunately, the man hours required to develop diagnostic software for a different type of bike is a bit impractical - we've been working with the BMWs for more than a decade, and can never get ahead due to the new releases every year. Currently, there is no plan to start development on KTM diagnostics, but if we ever do, it will be announced on our websites and forums.

From what I can see, Torque is recommended amongst the KTM users, I've included a small search from the 390 forum below:
https://www.ktmduke390forum.com/search/43713/?q=torque+app&t=post&c[child_nodes]=1&c[nodes][0]=13&o=relevance

Kind regards
Ruan

fredaroony

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 10:33:57 AM »
Hi Fredaroony

Thank you for your kind words, great to hear you enjoying the GS-911. Unfortunately, the man hours required to develop diagnostic software for a different type of bike is a bit impractical - we've been working with the BMWs for more than a decade, and can never get ahead due to the new releases every year. Currently, there is no plan to start development on KTM diagnostics, but if we ever do, it will be announced on our websites and forums.

From what I can see, Torque is recommended amongst the KTM users, I've included a small search from the 390 forum below:
https://www.ktmduke390forum.com/search/43713/?q=torque+app&t=post&c[child_nodes]=1&c[nodes][0]=13&o=relevance

Kind regards
Ruan

Thanks Ruan, I have a Texa IDC5 system at home but wanted something for travelling. It's a KTM after all so can blow up at any time haha

I tried Torque but it's very basic and cannot access many of the modules. I was thinking you might consider it since you're developing EZCan units for KTM

Ruan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 10:56:12 AM »
Hi Fredaroony

Thanks for the chuckle! One of my best friend's 790 Duke actually popped while riding - luckily under warranty, but scary nevertheless.

With the ezCAN, it's luckily a sort of once of thing - we analyze the data available, develop it, release it - as all those bikes will remain the same. Occasionally a new model is released with more advanced electronics. We then go back to the drawing board and repeat the initial process, once that's done those models are supported until a new change is made by KTM. There is no maintenance work after that from a software perspective, only when we release new features, which makes it a more practical development as opposed to full blown diagnostics.

Kind regards
Ruan