General Category > General Discussion

gs911 error couldn't retrieve new data from the device. the device status did no

(1/2) > >>

petecooke:
I bought a used gs-911 enthusiast with 1 vin used and I'm trying to get it working on my 2010 F800st.
I'm trying to go into the service functions and I get the message. gs911 error couldn't retrieve new data from the device. the device status did not change with time

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Pete

petecooke:
The device is wireless but I have it hooked up to my laptop via USB cable.

Controller : 0x6020
Controller Type : Engine Controller

Controller : 0x6A00
Controller Type : Vehicle Electronics

Controller : 0x6800
Controller Type : Instrument Cluster

Controller : 0x6900
Controller Type : ABS Brakes

WayneC:
I see you are using the new rewritten v2112.4 PC App, I would suggest you download & install the older legacy GS911 App v2104 & give it a try

You will need to use the Downloader & have the GS911 plugged in to USB to download it  https://www.hexgs911.com/gs-911-downloads/

petecooke:
I don't see GS911 App v2104 on that link posted.
I see a legacy app 1911.2 and when I install that it takes me to the download screen to install v2112.4

I don't think it's possible to install an older version. I think I have the latest firmware installed.

Thanks for the reply.

pete

WayneC:

--- Quote from: petecooke on January 01, 2022, 02:41:49 AM ---I don't see GS911 App v2104 on that link posted.
I see a legacy app 1911.2 and when I install that it takes me to the download screen to install v2112.4

I don't think it's possible to install an older version. I think I have the latest firmware installed.

Thanks for the reply.

pete

--- End quote ---

Yes you use the Downloader v1911.2 to then download the v2101 legacy GS911 PC App, the new PC App you have is called GS911 Diagnostics,  the old & new PC Apps will happily co exist on the PC, I have exactly that on the PC's I use for diagnostics & beta testing

We are in the xmas/new year holiday season so it is either download & install the old PC App or wait until after the holidays to lodge a support ticket

It would also be worthwhile downloading & installing the GS911 WiFi Utility for ease of configuration of networks & at times firmware updates

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version