Author Topic: Thinking of buying a gs911 WiFi with a 2021 1250GS  (Read 2800 times)

SimonR

Thinking of buying a gs911 WiFi with a 2021 1250GS
« on: November 28, 2021, 05:10:40 AM »
Hi Guys
I travel to fairly remote locations across South Africa on my GS and I'm keen on getting this gizmo in case I have a breakdown.
However I'm not keen on struggling with software bugs and issues and need to ask: how is the useability, which model would be best for a new 1250 and is the product really helpful?
Thanks!

schuppi

Re: Thinking of buying a gs911 WiFi with a 2021 1250GS
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 01:56:29 PM »
Hello

In any case, errors can be read out and deleted.
Read important measured values for these errors in order to narrow down the causes.
Resetting adaptations when replacing parts is also part of this.
In short, the motorcycle can be restored to its original condition.
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more

Ruan

• Administrator
Re: Thinking of buying a gs911 WiFi with a 2021 1250GS
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 10:47:06 AM »
Hi SimonR

The GS-911 is a great tool for both workshop level service functionality, as well as emergency functionality. For emergency functionality, you'll simply need a WiFi enabled Android/iOS device, which can connect to the GS-911's hotspot it creates. From here, you'll be able to do the functions listed by Schuppi. Things like the autoscan and read faults are used to diagnose exactly what is causing a problem, after which you can clear the faults (once the fault has been corrected). To ensure you get the correct product for your bike, I've linked our local website's VIN decoder below, simply enter your bike's full 17 digit VIN:
https://hexdiagnostics.co.za/vin-decoder/

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards
Ruan