General Category > GS-911

Update Failure with Diagnostics 2111.2 and 2111.3

<< < (2/3) > >>

karlh:
Francois - I'm running Windows 10 in a VirtualBox VM on Ubuntu 20.04.  I have the install.log file, but I have no idea how to access the directory you listed.

Wayne stated that the 2111.2 and 2111.3 versions are beta software.  It would be nice if they were noted as such on the Downloads page of the hexgs911.com web site.

Francois Barnard:

--- Quote from: karlh on November 19, 2021, 12:12:42 PM ---Francois - I'm running Windows 10 in a VirtualBox VM on Ubuntu 20.04.  I have the install.log file, but I have no idea how to access the directory you listed.

Wayne stated that the 2111.2 and 2111.3 versions are beta software.  It would be nice if they were noted as such on the Downloads page of the hexgs911.com web site.

--- End quote ---

Hi Karl,

Actually GS-911 Diagnostics is no longer BETA (as of v2111.2 that was released the day before yesterday), but it is a new application and all possible system configurations could not be recreated over the last few months' testing period. That said, we have no issues using it on VirtualBox Windows 10 VMs on Linux Mint (based on Ubuntu), Windows 7 VMs on Ubuntu and Windows 10 hosts, and Parallels Windows 10 VMs on MacOS hosts thus far.

The `install.log` file should be in the default installation directory where your mentioned you found "the files CEF_sub.dle.7z, GS-911.exe and install.log". By default this is `Program Files (x86)\Hex Innovate\GS-911 Diagnostics`

Kind regards,
Francois

karlh:
install.log file attached (converted to pdf since log files not allowed).

Francois Barnard:

--- Quote from: karlh on November 19, 2021, 08:10:52 PM ---install.log file attached (converted to pdf since log files not allowed).

--- End quote ---

I Karl,

The install log confirms what you have reported, it just abruptly ends while/after downloading a file. Can you please attempt it again using v2111.4 that has been released?
If that gives the same behavior, try executing the installer as administrator by right-clicking the .exe and selecting "Run as administrator"/

Kind regards,
Francois

karlh:
Francois,

Installation with v2111.4 went fine.  I did NOT have to run as administrator.  I see the screens have changed, and I haven't yet connected to my bike, but everything I've looked at seems OK.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version