Author Topic: New software 2305.1 can not open Service Reminder  (Read 2268 times)

beech

New software 2305.1 can not open Service Reminder
« on: July 19, 2023, 06:16:49 PM »
After two years I up dated my software to the new and improved 2305.1 issue two days ago. I have no internet in my garage. I use a PC with windows 10. I can connect with the bike in D2D. I can use all functions except the Service date change/mileage change will not open. I get a warning that there is no internet. My old software did not need this. How can I use this feature now with the new software? It is the most common item used in reality besides auto scan.  thanks.

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
Re: New software 2305.1 can not open Service Reminder
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 09:09:23 PM »
You cannot connect to multiple WiFi connections at the same time.  So when you connect to the GS-911 in D2D mode, you have used the only available connection.  You would have to use the USB connection to the GS-911, and connect the PC to a WiFi Hotspot of some kind, possibly via your phone.

beech

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2023, 02:23:36 AM »
Thanks, I broke down and purchased a WiFi extender unit and now have WiFI in the shop. Been avoiding it for years but now forced into it. I still don't see why the new software was not written to manage this as the older programs did, just 911 unit to your PC and all was good.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 02:25:29 AM by beech »

botus

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2023, 03:02:23 PM »
Thanks, I broke down and purchased a WiFi extender unit and now have WiFI in the shop. Been avoiding it for years but now forced into it. I still don't see why the new software was not written to manage this as the older programs did, just 911 unit to your PC and all was good.

I would never use wifi where I can connect via a faster more reliable cable connection first - so I always USB to the PC, does it look for the live time and date (thus using the PC wifi connection to ensure the time is spot on?)

Than as all the advanced features are talking back to base (using wifi these days) its good practise to work the right way

beech

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2023, 07:04:22 PM »
Without a wifi conncetion the new software will not allow changing the service date or miles, even with a usb cable connection. 

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2023, 01:56:11 AM »

I would never use wifi where I can connect via a faster more reliable cable connection first - so I always USB to the PC, does it look for the live time and date (thus using the PC wifi connection to ensure the time is spot on?)

Than as all the advanced features are talking back to base (using wifi these days) its good practise to work the right way

WiFi is faster than USB & it is not less reliable than USB, it is used in pro workshops to avoid cable mishaps, only programming requires LAN cable, correct time is provided by the PC or a time server set up in a pro workshop network
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 02:09:15 AM by WayneC »

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2023, 02:15:14 AM »

Smart move setting up the WiFi extender, it opens up the ability to use cloud or local PC service routines as well as remote assistance which we use in pro workshops at times to look at issues without having to travel to the workshop

Uporg1944

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2023, 08:43:23 AM »

After two years I up dated my software to the new and improved 2305.1 issue two days ago. I have no internet in my garage. I use a PC with windows 10. I can connect with the bike in D2D. I can use all functions except the Service date change/mileage change will not open. I get a warning that there is no internet. My old software did not need this. How can I use this feature now with the new software? It is the most common item used in reality besides auto scan.  thanks.
If possible, consult the AgentLocator CRM documentation or support page for specific instructions on setting up online data change functionalities in version 2305.1.