General Category > GS-911 Wifi

Can't find where to reset service warnings. And can't connect to the cloud.

(1/3) > >>

elptxjc:
Is it something wrong with the cloud? Both iPhone and computer couldn't connect. And I also don't remember where to reset the service warnings. Remember stumbling upon it when setting up my unit, but don't remember where it was. Will probably end up connecting the stupid thing to the USB cable tomorrow, and see if I can do it that way. But bought a Wi-Fi unit so I didn't have to use a darn cable. And need to make my iPhone work as an infrastructure too, but didn't work either. Would appreciate some help. Thank you.
JC

elptxjc:
Tried again today, and just can't connect to the freaking network with neither my computer, nor iPhone (infrastructure mode). To begin with, is there a problem with the 'cloud', or the issue on my end? The warning message seems to suggest there's often a problem with the network. When I connect the GS911 to the bike,  but with the ignition off, it seems like it wants to connect, but there's an error due to ignition being off (pic 1). But when I turn the ignition on, there's nothing (see pics 2 and 3).

I was able to connect initially from my computer, when I initially set the unit up, but never from my iPhone. And after trying that, I couldn't connect from the computer either. At least I was able to finally reset the service warning with the USB cable, but took THREE tries, so this GS911 thing seems buggy as hell. Tons of connectivity issues, so I'm far from the only one.

I'd greatly appreciate any help on how to be able to connect BOTH devices (computer and iPhone) to the network again. At least I'm able to use the GS911 in D2D, which was the main reason I bought the Wi-Fi unit. I just tried, and was able to connect to the unit (ignition off), so all looks well in that mode. The problem is the network. Thanks guys.

EDIT: Can't post more than 1 picture per post, so will have to post here Pic 1, then 2, and then 3. Sorry.

elptxjc:
Picture 2.

elptxjc:
Can't post picture 3 (too large). The phone lists the GS911 device, but on top of it says: 'Connected to network: Not found'. And it's obviously connected to my home network (the computer as well), which is functioning perfectly fine.

Hopefully somebody can shed light on what's going on. If it's a 'cloud' issue, why it's not prominently displayed somewhere? Imagine you  need to use it, and can't? Thankfully I was able to use the USB cable, but it took me 3 freaking tries even that way.

WayneC:
I would use the WiFi Utility on the PC to confirm the GS911 is properly configured for connection to your home WiFi & the firmware is up to date

The WiFi Utility also provides 1 click connection to the GS911 using the browser interface, once it is open in the browser there is a network test capability to confirm web connection & connection to the cloud server. Once configured the GS911 is stable not buggy, it should be noted that  for cloud functionality firmware must be kept up to date

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version