Author Topic: Question about a service warning on new 2020 R1250R  (Read 2972 times)

elptxjc

Question about a service warning on new 2020 R1250R
« on: October 21, 2021, 08:02:28 AM »
Hey gang, bought my bike 2+ weeks ago, and it had a 'service due' warning since I picked it up, even tough the next service seems correctly set at 620 miles or 10/02/2022. Does anybody know why the heck my bike is throwing that warning? Salesman said the tech didn't know. I posted a photo of the 4th and 5th screens below, so you know exactly what I'm talking about. Every time I start the bike, I need to 'acknowledge' the stupid 'service due' warning. And no idea why that is happening, when the service is still not due. Any ideas? And more importantly, should I try to reset it with my GS-911 after doing the service myself on Friday, and see what happens? Or is there some kind of system error only a dealer could clear first? Hopefully the former, since I don't want to take my bike there again. But rather ask the experts. Thank you.

elptxjc

Re: Question about a service warning on new 2020 R1250R
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 08:04:33 AM »
Couldn't post the 2nd photo, for some reason. It's attached below. By the way, my bike's build date was 06/19, and the first brake fluid change is at the 1-yr mark, regardless of mileage. Is it possible that is the culprit with the 'service due' warning, even though mileage and time are okay? Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 08:12:21 AM by elptxjc »

schuppi

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 12:42:06 PM »
Somehow set incorrectly.
Warning is displayed 600mi before the maximum distance is reached when switching on the ignition.
If you have performed the service yourself, simply set your GS911 to 6000mi and 2022.06.
Complete 8)
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more

elptxjc

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 06:22:12 PM »
Oh, okay. Good to hear. Thank you very much. I think the system already said 6,000 miles or 1 year from date, for what I saw when messing with it initially, so no need to change anything, correct? I saw the option for a 'custom' entry, but prefer to leave it alone. I typically do my oil changes every 5K miles or 1 year, but I can just reset the service early. No harm. I'll report back when I reset it, hopefully with good news that the warning went away :).

elptxjc

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 10:23:43 PM »
Hey Schuppi, you got me thinking, how can the mileage could be set incorrectly, when the range left (291 miles) is correct? It doesn't have a negative number, so don't get how it can be set up wrong. But if my reset gets everything to where it should be, I'd be very happy. Was just curious what could have been done wrong exactly, mainly out of curiosity. Ha ha. Thank you.

elptxjc

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2021, 09:33:41 PM »
Can't make the Wi-Fi work, but after having a hard time with the USB cable as well, was finally able to reset the warning. And all is as it should be now. Curiously, I did the service 35 miles late, and the system substracted those from the total, so rather than showing 6K miles and 10/23/2022, it shows 5,965. Interesting. But I always do my oil changes at 5K anyway, so no issues there. Curious what the system will do when I reset it 1K miles early next time. Ha ha. Thank you for the help. Now I need help to make the stupid Wi-Fi work on both my phone and computer. The phone never worked, but the computer worked once; not sure what happened. I started another thread for that. This thing is buggy, to say the least. Have a great weekend.