Author Topic: Integral ABS - CAN (servo brakes) "Pressure in rear/front circuit too low"  (Read 66895 times)

gogy

hallo jughead
have you shipped it

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

gogy

jughead ??

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 06:35:48 PM by Jughead »

rookiller

Hello and here is another FTE - Fan from Germany,

thanks for sure for the nice and logical infos of these Valve Problem.

The biggest challange, where to get one of those now, i hope someone can help me out, my GS will be off the road leagaly in Germny within the next 8 wweks.

After than is useless, or i go to pruchase the same mistake FTE Module with max just an 12 month warranty at the very nice and sooo helpful BMW Deaker.

Definitly that is not the way it should happen.

Nice sunday to all of you, and always a hand space between your Ass and the ground :-)

Markus

PS:used a R1100 GS from 1994 - sold it -- MISTAKE!
--later on a KTM 640 Enduro ~ 35.000mls around OZ & NZ, only problem the chains last not that long, and the rider... :-)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 01:09:45 PM by rookiller »

Caesarsk

Hello to everyone I read this post and i have exact the same problem. I am from Greece. Can someone inform me where can i find these pressure valves? Any code or link it would be perfect. Thank you in advance

Jughead

• Beta testers
Hello to everyone I read this post and i have exact the same problem. I am from Greece. Can someone inform me where can i find these pressure valves? Any code or link it would be perfect. Thank you in advance

Hi Ceasarsk, and welcome.

What are the pressure readings you are getting?

If you look at the "Realtime Values" there will be 4 readings.

Caesarsk

Unfortunately the only Message i've got is "Rear Break Low Pressure" on BMW Diagnostic Program

Caesarsk

Except all other symptoms i read in this post when i press rear brake, i can't hear ABS pump motor run

Jughead

• Beta testers
Except all other symptoms i read in this post when i press rear brake, i can't hear ABS pump motor run

If the pressure is low in either the control circuit or the wheel circuit, the pump will not run.  Your problem is this sensor

If it is the control circuit, the sensor is inside the pump.  If it is the wheel circuit, it is the sensor on the outside the pump.

citizented

Hello All,

I have had issues with this ABS unit on my R1100S in the past. It was the pressure sensors, I got a second hand unit and replaced the sensors and fixed it. I also potted behind the sensor with an epoxy potting compound to give the sensor more support and prevent vibration which I thought was the cause of the failure.

I have since brought my bike back into service after the winter and all was fine, but my battery was getting tired. I charged it, started the bike and took it to work, I got an abs light at the end of my journey. When I came to go home it would not start and I got some colleagues to bump start the bike. The ABS light remained on.

I hoped with a new battery it would solve the issue, I have replaced the battery and still a fault. The GS-911 reports two faults, the front control circuit is low (0.00bar) and the rear wheel circuit is high (34.18bar). It looks to me like I have two pressure sensors faulty. I am suspicious that the original battery issue caused a fault on these pressure sensors, does this ring true to anyone else.

Has anyone found a source for these pressure sensors or do I have to find a second hand unit and hope that the sensors within it are still ok. Otherwise its the absectomy for this bike!

All the best Ed.

Caesarsk

If the pressure is low in either the control circuit or the wheel circuit, the pump will not run.  Your problem is this sensor

If it is the control circuit, the sensor is inside the pump.  If it is the wheel circuit, it is the sensor on the outside the pump.

Still searching for my problem. Unfortunately i've informed that my problem is the high pressure sensors and there is no spare part for this

Jughead

• Beta testers
Still searching for my problem. Unfortunately i've informed that my problem is the high pressure sensors and there is no spare part for this

Can you post/attach an Autoscan?

Caesarsk

Unfortunately my mechanic doesn't give me exact results. Just Low Pressure on Rear

soror

Re: Integral ABS - CAN (servo brakes) "Pressure in rear/front circuit too low"
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2018, 08:48:12 AM »
If your problem is the high pressure sensors maybe the motor brushes in the module pump get stuck

mopedi

Re: Integral ABS - CAN (servo brakes) "Pressure in rear/front circuit too low"
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2018, 09:46:55 AM »
Hi there,
pressure too low usually means that one/both pumps do not produce enough pressure due to cloged pump or in the worst case pump is blocked, motor is burned and driver in electronics is burned too. All this comes from not changing brake fluid often ( I would say at least every 2 years or 20tkm).  The only way to fix it is to replace/clean pump, check the motor and electronic driver. Do not drive with such diagnostics readout because you may burn electronics to be unusable.

Pressure too high is another story and it usually means failed pressure sensor. They are very fragile, temperature uncompensated, electrostatic sensitive and with many possible failure modes. Unfortunatelly the only way to fix this problem is to get them from donor modulator. Do not try to remove them from the unit because 9 out of 10 will fail just by removing it from housing. With donor modulator it is another story because it is imposible to know its life time and for how long sensors will be alive.
I am performing sensor replacement for many years now with success but unfortunatelly modulator has to be machined, new sensor support made and so on (not straight forward procedure)

Silvo