Author Topic: Using ezCan Hex Gen II with Admore lights and TT Denali D2 aux lights & aux horn  (Read 4855 times)

motoUX

Hi all,

Here's what I would like to connect:
  • Left and right D2s into one ezCan Hex Gen II (EZC2) circuit]
  • Horn into another EZC2 circuit]
  • Admore brake lights into one EZC2 circuit]
  • Admore turn signals into one EZC2 circuit
for a total of four circuits. It seems that, for my Admore light strip to work for both brake/running and turn signals, it needs two separate circuits. I'm fine with my D2 lights being on or off (rather than being controlled separately).

Is this possible? Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 06:40:57 PM by motoUX »

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
hi motoUX

not sure what the question is - you seem to have figured it out already...  ;D

What you should do is set one channel to

Set another to

and then the remaining two to and respectively

to connect the lights to one circuit a splitter comes in handy: https://www.hexinnovate.com/product/mt-3-pin-y-splitter-cable/

and you're good to go!  ....ez  ;D

currently riding:
    BMW F850GS Adv - slightly modified
    HD Pan America - development bike for ezCAN

motoUX

hi motoUX

not sure what the question is - you seem to have figured it out already...  ;D

to connect the lights to one circuit a splitter comes in handy: https://www.hexinnovate.com/product/mt-3-pin-y-splitter-cable/

and you're good to go!  ....ez  ;D

Ah...might have to reattach the D2 connectors to I can use the splitter, I reckon (when the dealer installed the lights, they cut the Denali quick-connectors off in order to install the lights using posiconnectors on the EZHC)

motoUX

Aaaand....Y-cable is now ordered!

motoUX

Hooking the new unit up Wednesday...fingers crossed (or Daumen gedrückt, or whatever your symbol for "good luck" might be!).

motoUX

Received my new unit (thanks!). Now ready to install...and I still have a question ;)

If I use two circuits for the Admore lights (one left blinker and one right blinker), will i have
  • Running lights (at say 20% illumination)
  • Brake lights on activation
  • turn signals

I'm only asking because, on the Web site, it has this info:

There are multiple ways of connecting your Admore light to the ezCAN. To make full use of the features of the Admore light connect the wires and configure the ezCAN as follows:

ezCAN accessory output (white) to Admore Red (switched 12V source)
ezCAN brake output (yellow) to Admore Blue (brake input)
ezCAN accessory or brake ground (black) to Admore Black (ground)
Admore green and yellow (right/left turn signal inputs) can be tapped directly into the turn signal wires of the bike, as per the Admore instructions
Configure the ezCAN to use 2 channels with the yellow and white configured for brake and accessory respectively, remember to set the tail/rear light brightness to 0% and the brake light brightness to 100%. Set the ezCAN brake to “No flashing”.

I prefer NOT to tap into existing wiring via splicing into the bike's turn signal wiring.

Make sense?  Thanks!

motoUX

Totally didn't work. Back to square one.

Ruan

• Administrator
Hi MotoUX

I've had a look through your thread and noticed some potential troubles you might run into.
  • Running light on the Admore requires 12V to act as a running light (usually the red wire)
  • The blue wire is usually the brake lights, which can illuminate the light more intensely than the red wire.
  • Then the 2 turn signal wires require different channels on the ezCAN as they need to be identified as left and right, they cannot be mounted on one channel. As Stephan suggested, I'd connect them on 2 channels listed as Run/Brake/Turn channels, including the brake light wire on one of the channels. This is that the brake wire will have a signal when braking
  • The running light wire could be excluded here, and you'll mark the R/B/T channel with say 20% running light intensity - keep in mind that the turn signals will then also have running light intensity 20%, which might not be ideal.
  • This will allow you to have the 2 additional channels up for the horn and D2 lights, making it a reasonably inclusive setup
  • In order to get the maximum value out of your accessories, I'd suggest adding the running light to it's own channel - setup as an accessory to provide constant 12V with ignition on. This will give a running light.
  • Next you'll need to setup the admore brake wire on it's own channel, setup as a brake light with 0% intensity for running light (given that your running light wire is already getting power, there is no need for running light on the brake wire). Disable flashing, as this could interfere with the turn signal flashing.
  • Last, you'll setup the remaining two channels as turn signals left and right (the ezCAN needs them individually to identify which is which).
  • Once this is done, you'll have the entire admore wiring on the ezCAN, but keep in mind that this will use up all 4 channels on your ezCAN, so you'll need to either route the lights and horn through the traditional switch and relay solution, or look to get a second ezCAN to power them.

Please let me know if you have any questions moving forward. For any support related queries you are also welcome to email our support helpdesk on support@hexezcan.com.

Kind regards
Ruan

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
@MotoUK : are you up and running?  if not, talk to support and they can send you the configuration file for your setup... (let us know what you have connected to which output of the ezCAN (red, blue, yellow, white)

best
Stephan
currently riding:
    BMW F850GS Adv - slightly modified
    HD Pan America - development bike for ezCAN