Author Topic: Can't update firmware (BSV 0.24-0.10-1, Firmware Version: 0.253-0.146)  (Read 5851 times)

Dr. Greg

I have a GS-911 WiFi which I've not updated for a LONG time.  Have a brand-new PC laptop (and fairly new iMac desktop) and am having identical problems with GS911wifi Utility using either computer.

After selecting WiFi network and entering password, I select "Connect to Network" but NOTHING further happens.

Any ideas?  Hexcode says w/BSV the old, I need to use the web app to update firmware, but I can't get that far...

--greg

WayneC

• Beta testers

Update the Windows WiFi Utility to the latest & with the GS911 connected to USB use the WiFi utility to update the firmware

Dr. Greg

Sorry.  Windows WiFi utility is already latest.  Brand new just-out-of-the-box Windows laptop; just installed GS911 WiFi utility.  Won't connect to GS911, like I said.  Something else is the problem.

WayneC

• Beta testers
Sorry.  Windows WiFi utility is already latest.  Brand new just-out-of-the-box Windows laptop; just installed GS911 WiFi utility.  Won't connect to GS911, like I said.  Something else is the problem.

Wont connect with USB cable connected ?, check Win10 USB power settings, turn off USB power savings

Firmware update with WiFi utility is done over USB not via browser & WiFi network

Dr. Greg

Yes, USB cable connected.  No power saving issues.  Same exact behavior using GS911wifi Utility on two different computers (Mac & PC).

HEXCODE has informed me that my BSV is too old to update firmware via USB; must use web front end in infrastructure mode.

FWIW, tech support at HEXCODE is baffled as well.  I'm likely going to ship the unit to the USA distributor (from whom I purchased it six years ago) and he'll check it out.