Author Topic: 2016 r1200rt windshield issue  (Read 5668 times)

BMWDetroit

2016 r1200rt windshield issue
« on: June 07, 2021, 05:48:35 PM »
Here's one that has me stumped. 2016 r1200rt 70k miles. About 3k miles ago I noticed that my windshield has about 1/2 inch of slop when it is up 3/4 to full. Meaning it doesn't extend all the way. I have pulled everything about, cleaned and lubed everything, i.e. control arms, springs, brackets etc. I have noticed that the motor hesitates for a quick second about 3/4 up and that's when the slop starts. However, it does not do this without the weight of the windshield on. I have recalibrated with the GS-911 several times (with shield on) but it doesn't fix it.

Dealerships say they have not seen this problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

Desmondtully

-
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 10:41:58 PM »
so, its winter time in Missouri and of course we need our wipers to work... well, not sure why this happens, but sometimes i can drive around and everything works fine.

Then other times, I will need the wipers to work and they wont... i have sprayed my windshield to clean it off and the wipers will not work... kind of a safety issue. sometimes, i will be using them and they do a few passes and stop out of no where.

In the summer, this doesnt happen at all. But now it does it in the winter... if i hit a bump just right, they will come back on. Sometimes, if i force them up a bit on the windshield, they will work again...

I need to check for a lose fuse, but in case that doesnt fix it, where else should i check. this is becoming very annoying and wondering if there is a lose wire or connection in a plug somewhere...

any thoughts or help are welcomed.