Author Topic: Enabling Heated Seats  (Read 3319 times)

Klunau

Enabling Heated Seats
« on: May 31, 2021, 07:35:57 PM »
Is it possible to use the GS-911 to enable heated seats on an r1200RT?  2013 K26.  Have the switch installed and seat connected, but need the feature enabled.

Thanks

botus

• Beta testers
Re: Enabling Heated Seats
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 05:41:18 PM »
its to do with the way BMW do toys, third party stuff at present can't do it....

their vehicles have a list of factory fitted and or subsequently retrofitted approved toys.  The VO (vehicle order), is supposed to be the approved kit and thus the items BMW will check, update and maintain under warranty / servicing. 

The correct way... if the toy was supported on that vehicle model, is to pay BMW for the update and you buy the FSC for the new toy - which I think is basically the rights to use and any software licencing.

I just did this on an option and its a phaff as they have an overnight parts order to get the right to then flash the bike with the software to enable the toy, it wasn't too shocking.... but without the VO being correct somehow even though wired up, connected up and turned on in each module's software, the canbus comms to make it function doesn't happen.

One could get hold of hookey dealer kit and do it on a single bike basis, but BM can then turn it off again if they ever plug it in for recall / servicing work etc.
I have asked if the 911 tool will ever go down the path, but its potentially a bit of fun with some hurdles to cross….
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 11:51:36 AM by botus »