Author Topic: Heated Seats Wunderlich with Relais  (Read 3419 times)

Mati

Heated Seats Wunderlich with Relais
« on: April 23, 2021, 01:21:36 PM »
Hi, I ride a R1200 GSA w/an ezCan II installed and still undecided if should run the rider/pillion heated seats from Wunderlich via the ezCan, rather than running both direct from the battery using connected switch/wire splitting.

Probably would run as Accessory and still use the original provided on/off switch set-up to enable rider/pillion individual use rather than running as heated gear via the BMW heated grip switch which assume would not allow for different rider/pillion settings.

So far used ezCan for 2x Gerbing heated jackets and Innovv K2 dash cam and no experience yet with a Relais, so please forgive add’l question, e.g:
a) assume need Relais for managing power or can these be left out and just run the on/off switch to/from ezCan/Seats; with relais what would Amp setting be
b) can I connect respective 2x seat wiring to one ezCan outlet or would it require 2 separate ones?

Again, any views or guidance appreciated :)
https://www.wunderlich.de/shop/data/24368/dateien/24368-16959.pdf

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
Re: Heated Seats Wunderlich with Relais
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 09:21:44 AM »
hi Mati,

would be trivial to use on ezCAN... I looked at the PDF you linked  - unfortunately it does not list the Power consumption of the seat(s) - given the wiring diagram , it seems both front and rear are switched on using the same switch...?  or does each seat come with it's own relay and switch?

If memory serves me correctly the R1200 GSA has 3 settings for heated Grips (pls refresh me here) : OFF, Low, Med, High - typically I would set those to 50%, 75% and 100% - although, on heated seats you will most likely only use 75% and 100%...

currently riding:
    BMW F850GS Adv - slightly modified
    HD Pan America - development bike for ezCAN