Author Topic: Market feedback: Garage / Gate remotes  (Read 5067 times)

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
Market feedback: Garage / Gate remotes
« on: March 26, 2021, 01:02:44 AM »
Gathering data to see what remotes people have... there are soooo many different options that it would make it difficult to put out a generic solution...

1. post a pic of your remote
2. what battery(ies) does it use? (some use a single 3V coin cell, some use 3 coin cells, some use a mini 12V cell...)

3. as a generic question - would you install a replacement receiver for your garage door or gate, that is compatible with the ezCAN?

best
Stephan
currently riding:
    BMW F850GS Adv - slightly modified
    HD Pan America - development bike for ezCAN

skew

Re: Market feedback: Garage / Gate remotes
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 04:27:02 PM »
I think it would be the easiest, cheapest and most universal if you just had a programable output that you could choose 3v or 12v and what button to activate with a timer. Then the user could modify their own remote by shorting the door button switch then take the battery out and solder wires from ezcan output to garage remote battery socket. Personally I would not spend the extra money to buy a receiver for my garage door just to interface my ezcan. I already have an app on my phone to operate the door but this would be alot better for me.

Edit: I just looked at my garage remote it has (2) 3v lithium battery's in series so you need 3v or 6v or 12v output options in ezcan programing to work with just about any remotes.  Activate via flash to pass button with a 5second time would be perfect.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 02:51:49 AM by skew »

CaptainBob

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 02:01:50 AM »
My garage door opener is 12v, I connected to the Acc port that I have my dashcam on and then use a remote button.  Never have to change the battery of the remote and it works about 100 feet farther so the door is open by the time I get there. 

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 09:03:10 AM »

I unfortunately have too many gates and access points/alarms to start changing controllers.

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 09:15:06 AM »
Thanks Jughead - ET systems are good, but unfortunately only in use in South Africa, Namibia etc.. as far as I know - 433MHz regulation and certification as far as I know...

Which of those 4 buttons do you need to get your bike in and out of where it normally sleeps?  A Gate, a Garage an Alarm?
currently riding:
    BMW F850GS Adv - slightly modified
    HD Pan America - development bike for ezCAN

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 10:56:06 AM »
Thanks Jughead - ET systems are good, but unfortunately only in use in South Africa, Namibia etc.. as far as I know - 433MHz regulation and certification as far as I know...

Which of those 4 buttons do you need to get your bike in and out of where it normally sleeps?  A Gate, a Garage an Alarm?

Red button to de-activate the alarm, Brown button to open the gate, and Blue button for the bike garage door.  Green button is for the main garage door.

BradB

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2021, 04:41:05 AM »
Sorry I missed this thread. I have a standard Chamberlain type door opener. They are pretty universal. Or at least the large majority of garage openers manufactured in the last decade will use this type.

https://gatehousesupplies.com/liftmaster-374ut-mini-universal-remote-control/?cmp_id=159600245&adg_id=8992267205&kwd=&device=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1IqI1rHL8wIV2HFvBB3TLQIXEAQYAiABEgLWmfD_BwE