Author Topic: ABS Pro Function Enable via GS911  (Read 4520 times)

BMW_K23

Re: ABS Pro Function Enable via GS911
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 02:18:55 PM »
Hello, if you think this is only a 'option to chose by clicking' thing, forget it. To have functionality of cornering ABS it is necessary to have minimum an additional sensor for the lean angle and the coresponding software with several tables of how the system have to react in the ABS Unit.
Last but not least: prevent from experimenting in the ABS- System. This can lead to serious injury or directly to death.

Best Regards
BMW_K23

botus

• Beta testers
Re: ABS Pro Function Enable via GS911
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 10:00:29 PM »
these parts and the programming are available as a retrofit option - but it won't be cheap

It might be best to get the hardware (ebay) and fit to the bike, then seek to get the programming done.  But don't think its dirt cheap, BMW charge for legitimacy of any optional extra. 

Effectively you are buying
1) the software license
2) the right for it to be covered with diagnostic support it might need at a later date
3) the right for any future programming improvement that may become available during an i-level update of the bike.

It was less than I expected.  ASR option is about $500, I fitted the new left switch gear and indeed can programme the DME, Cluster and ZFE as required, but without the VO (vehicle order  - the list of toys BMW built the bike with) the modules fail to communicate with each other and it doesn't work.  Having quoteed almost nothing, they then needed me to buy the licensing (I knew I'd need but the dealer didn't !!!) which ended up at £140, but then they took 4 hours to do the paperwork so all BMW systems now know its a legit feature of my bike.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 10:07:48 PM by botus »