Author Topic: Where did my registration go?  (Read 6383 times)

onesaintsfan

Where did my registration go?
« on: November 17, 2020, 01:43:43 AM »
So went to reset my service light and my unit has lost my registration.  I’m trying to re-register but it won’t ?   I’ve done the software update.  I even changed my email just to try a new registration. 
On the utility the device registration but is pulsing but nothing is happening.  What has gone wrong?
I’ve used this for years with no problems
Someone please help

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Where did my registration go?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 02:25:18 AM »
It would be best to open a support ticket with Hexcode to have them assist you, https://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 07:58:21 AM »
I have had this a few times when the IP address of the GS911 changes.

If you are using the PC utility, then go to Tools > Setup > Discover to find and connect to the new IP address.

On the WiFi utility, refresh the device list and the new IP address will display.  Then open the browser for that IP

onesaintsfan112

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 06:18:35 PM »
Thank you.  I played around and got it working again. How I don’t know but I did.  Could it be the last time I used it I played with the mobile app and scanning etc.   Then this time I plugged it into my laptop to use it.   Could it be that the unit was still in WiFi mode?     Don’t you have to be in direct mode for laptop use.  Don’t know

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 06:42:50 AM »
Thank you.  I played around and got it working again. How I don’t know but I did.  Could it be the last time I used it I played with the mobile app and scanning etc.   Then this time I plugged it into my laptop to use it.   Could it be that the unit was still in WiFi mode?     Don’t you have to be in direct mode for laptop use.  Don’t know

If you plugged it into the laptop and wanted to use it in USB mode, you would go to Tools > Setup and select the USB option.  You will then connect direct to the GS911 without needing an IP address.

Naturally you then would not be using the WiFi utility to connect.