Author Topic: ezCAN on 2020 S1000RR  (Read 6163 times)

CarliltoGR

• Beta testers
ezCAN on 2020 S1000RR
« on: December 01, 2020, 05:34:38 PM »
Evening all, I was going to wire up LED roundels to my '20 S1000RR. But instead of splicing and looking for y splitters, I took the chance of ordering the ezCAN for an S1000XR for a completely separate lighting circuit. I figured it would be a 50/50 chance if it worked, but since the XR and RR are very similar, I took the chance. To my ABSOLUTE SUPRISE, IT WORKED. Yes, I doubted myself and was ready to sell this brand new ezCAN on eBay for a loss, but it worked! The running light faded on, the turn signal mode worked, the inverted flashing worked, the strobe on "flash to pass" worked. I haven't tested ALL the modes, but I plan to, but it's an awesome first step to my LED roundel lighting project. I wish that there was support for 3-wire turn-signal/running-lights. Hopefully, this can gain traction. Figured I'd post here about official support.

KWanchai70

Re: ezCAN on 2020 S1000RR
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 05:03:06 AM »
Yes, what are the differences?

CarliltoGR

• Beta testers
Re: ezCAN on 2020 S1000RR
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 04:45:47 PM »
Yes, what are the differences?

Well, from what I can tell, it is functionally the same. The "wonder wheel" and light controls work. The integration with brake lights and turn signals work. I'm not seeing any differences. I don't have any heated gear to test, but I may figure out something to simulate.