Author Topic: New feature requests for ezCAN ?  (Read 19712 times)

solar-g

Re: New feature requests for ezCAN ?
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2021, 09:10:32 AM »
Ezcan new features please:
1. Separate "ignition on" &/or "turn-off delay" for each of multiple outlet circuits.
I have 2 Accessory outlets for Ezcan, one for Innov K2, other for aux work light for camp site.
I'd like the K2 with max shutoff delay when ignition turned off; the aux campsite light to be non-ignition circuit (always on), so can be on without engine if I want.
2. Low voltage disconnect for non-ignition accessory circuits, programmable for voltage value below which circuit turns off. eg: LED campsite light off if voltage drops to 12.0V

Fintrum

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2021, 06:59:26 PM »
So the kit works fine, lights light up and turn off as per, what is a pain is that to program the ezcan require the unit to plugged into a laptop!
I remember laptops, they were in fashion a few decades ago, werent they?
So how about either a phone app that can be bluetoothed to the excan, or even some way of plugging an ipad pysically into the box of magic stuff??
Or have I misse the launch of said items? (phone app best tho!

a new comer to the forum

Boris

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2021, 11:27:32 AM »
The KTM 890 Adv does not have a hazard flasher.

Would it be possible to add this functionality using the aux lights in the front and additional Brake light. Set them to strobe at a slowish rate and adjustable brightness, or just 100%? - say activated by three presses of the Turn signal cancellation

TheRealDukeSchneider

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2021, 08:50:43 PM »
So the kit works fine, lights light up and turn off as per, what is a pain is that to program the ezcan require the unit to plugged into a laptop!
I remember laptops, they were in fashion a few decades ago, werent they?
So how about either a phone app that can be bluetoothed to the excan, or even some way of plugging an ipad pysically into the box of magic stuff??
Or have I misse the launch of said items? (phone app best tho!

a new comer to the forum

I second the request for bluetooth or wifi to allow program from ios/android device.

I am planning to set up a complete workshop with TV/Monitor for viewing manuals, etc. I just bought the GS-911/wifi to use in the shope and on the road.  It would be a really convenient feature to have access the EZ Can in the shop over wifi or bluetooth.   Tech has hit a point where it is becoming commonplace to use a tablet/phone as your only device.  I am lucky to have "an old" laptop laying around for shop use but would prefer not to have too.  Please and thank you.  Love your products so far.  EZCAN is overall fantastic to make my bike much safer with accessory lighting on front and back.

2011 R1200RT (and loving it!)

BradB

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2022, 09:41:39 AM »
I want to 2nd the request for a delayed accessory power-up after the ignition is turned on. Thanks!

gkomsalov

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2022, 04:59:55 PM »
I want too the delayed Aux1 and 2 power-up after the ignition is turned on.
May be it will be great if they power up after starting the engine.
Thanks!

YVRSkyGuy

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2022, 10:21:19 AM »
Can you add an additional faster light flash to rear brake light function.
Something similar to the Skene P3 module?  I had that installed in another bike and it catches your attention much better than the 4hz flash.

It has a quick 4 pulse flash followed by the 4hz flash, and then solid.
https://youtu.be/cf8d2lhwmQA

snapper

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2022, 01:31:17 PM »
Still waiting for some news on the Bluetooth dongle and app for the ezcan,its all gone very quite?

jack3173

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2022, 09:27:41 AM »
Add support for BMW R1200C 98 - 2004.

Nick V

• Beta testers
  • A uia, scientia
    • Technical writing/videography portfolio:
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2022, 10:33:55 AM »
Add support for BMW R1200C 98 - 2004.

Hi Jack!

This generation of BMW boxers (known as 'Oilheads') is not controller area network (CAN)-equipped. Therefore, it's not technically possible to make an ezCAN that's compatible with them.
On the upside, it's reasonably simple to add auxiliary front and rear lights, horns, additional power points and so on on these bikes, using conventional wiring, switches, fuses and relays.
Automotive diagnostic technician, technical writer, technical trainer, videographer.

'13 R1200GS LC (ezCAN equipped)
'11 Hexhead special (under construction; ezCAN equipped)

10-pin GS-911 USB+Wi-Fi, Professional licence

abdullah

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2022, 12:10:48 PM »
i would like to request a new feture related to computer software

for example when user choose set of pair light 1 they can name it such as denali d4 or clear water darla
and i would like to suggest use a predifned accessories to be set for example when you choose light an predifined list show light brand and model

from that selection user will not wrongly input amprage or some kind of setting such as modulation and its can make user experience more helpful

Bill Kenney

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2023, 12:59:04 AM »
Second, third and etc for a bluetooth version. Mine has been under my seat for many miles and sometimes I would like to switch it up as to configurations. Not willing to get out the old laptop in the garage because the minute I plug it in , it will take an hour to update .
Bluetooth is the way to go. As soon as you do , I will make another purchase. Thank you

GSinIL

thanks for the feedback!

3) able to configure voltage to variable voltage for some accessories use 5v such as usb, 7.2v or 9v for heated gear
The ezCAN only switches the bike's battery voltage.. but that's what the accessory output is for.. there are a gazillion and one 12v to USB converters available..
you mention specifically for heated gear... I'm pretty sure all heated gear works off the bikes 12V supply, except the ones that work off LiPo battery packs... I'm still confused what the 7.2V and 9V would be used for - could you elaborate or show us examples / links of such products?

I'll second that!
Given how many BMW riders are unhappy with the Connected app and want to install alternatives that consume 5V, this would make total sense.
Yes, there are 12V to 5V converters but they just add wiring clutter and additional connectors.

Thanks!
GS