General Category > ezCAN

New feature requests for ezCAN ?

<< < (2/10) > >>

StephanT:

--- Quote from: Raymond on August 26, 2020, 06:19:50 PM ---1. Tether the usb plug, its very easy to lose given its so small and difficult to hold

--- End quote ---
Sure, we have that on our list - but rest assured the actual connector is waterproof - hence does not strictly need the rubber plug

--- Quote from: Raymond on August 26, 2020, 06:19:50 PM ---2. Rather than USB connection how about Blue Tooth or Wifi connection method?

--- End quote ---
this was specifically NOT done in theGEN-I and GEN-II as it changes the E-type approval requirements..
..however,.. watch this space  ;)

--- Quote from: Raymond on August 26, 2020, 06:19:50 PM ---The verification codes is dumb. I own a BMW r1200rt and r1250rt! I don't know how many numbers the VIN is for GS 911 since I don't own one! If this is the method needed to post every time its a pain in the ass and won't participate. Great product dumb forum posting method.

--- End quote ---
Well, good catch - we missed that!  firstly this ahs been a GS-911 forum for many many years.. and we only just added the ezCAN playground... unfortunately we do need some verification methods.. we were getting way too many unsolicited SPAMs, not to mention bots etc..  Will look into making it more ezCAN friendly!
oh and consider a GS-911wifi - some pretty cool functionality and soon some super realtime displays...

TurnipTree:
This is already registered as helpdesk ticket 27833929 but I thought I'd mention it here anyway.

On BMWs, you provide a feature to change the aux light brightness by holding the multicontroller left for a few seconds, then rotating it. It would be great if you added a toggle switch to the configuration software to disable this feature. There are a couple of reasons I suggest this:

* I have accidentally activated it a few times whilst riding off-road when my hands have been near the multicontroller. I would rather set the brightness once and then disable the facility to change it.

* The new WunderLINQ device from Blackbox Embedded uses a long left press and long right press on the multicontroller to control an iPhone or iOS device. These actions clash with exCAN, meaning to navigate in WunderLINQ you would end up adjusting the lights. More info here:  https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0052/6195/1025/files/WunderLINQ_iOS_Documentation.pdf?v=1591051226

StephanT:
hi Allister,

I've looked up your ticket and I see it has been marked as a Feature request.

However I will respond on that ticket as there are some questions that I have and that will help us get to a better solution when we implement it.!

best
Stephan

Sly:
Hi all from France,

Do you think it's possible to add more functionnality to warning mode :

For example : When i use warning, can the aux light flash left / flash right / flash left for more visibility ( or agressivity :D )

Other feature : I use a tracker connected to my battery all time, do you think it's possible to add an output to power the tracker with no cut of alimentation?

Thanks a lot

TurnipTree:

--- Quote from: StephanT on August 27, 2020, 02:23:11 PM ---hi Allister,

I've looked up your ticket and I see it has been marked as a Feature request.

However I will respond on that ticket as there are some questions that I have and that will help us get to a better solution when we implement it.!

best
Stephan

--- End quote ---

Thanks. Are they questions for me? If so, will I get an email notification from Mojo when you post them there?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version