Author Topic: How to add attachments  (Read 8649 times)

txtinman

How to add attachments
« on: August 05, 2020, 03:33:19 PM »
I want to include some screenshots in a message reply, but have not been successful. A search did not turn up the instructions. When I select a file in the add attachment place I can't figure out how to get it in the message body. Can someone point me to the instructions?

Mike
Mike White
GS911 WIFI Enthusiast
2015 BMW R1200GSLC

Dann

Re: How to add attachments
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 06:15:19 PM »
I was not able to do it either. I kept getting an Internal server error.
My workaround was to upload the picture on postimage.org and insert the link in the message.

Wilco

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 11:30:02 AM »
Images that are attached will display below your post. You can embed online hosted images by using bbcode, either by clicking on Insert Image (the Mona Lisa image) and adding the URL, or copying the forum share link from wherever the image is hosted:

txtinman

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 02:22:09 PM »
Images that are attached will display below your post. You can embed online hosted images by using bbcode, either by clicking on Insert Image (the Mona Lisa image) and adding the URL, or copying the forum share link from wherever the image is hosted:

I tried adding an image by clicking on the choose file button, but during preview it does not show. I guess I'll try the post button.
Mike White
GS911 WIFI Enthusiast
2015 BMW R1200GSLC

txtinman

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 02:24:33 PM »
OK I see that you have to post the message for the pic to show. No way to format the message with multiple images. Can't really use the images to help with the message flow.  :(

Mike
Mike White
GS911 WIFI Enthusiast
2015 BMW R1200GSLC

Wilco

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 03:01:40 PM »
Yeah, it's not the most modern of platforms...  ???
For that I would suggest remote hosting and using the bbcode to include images. Works well enough.