Author Topic: Miles to km on TFT R1200GS  (Read 6373 times)

Alex_J

Miles to km on TFT R1200GS
« on: April 23, 2020, 12:33:01 AM »
Hi all
just in case some1 sees this and, by some miracle, it is possible with gs911

Last year a friend came over with a R1250GS that he imported from the US, asked me to convert miles into KM on his GS as there was no option on switching between those two via control buttons. After some digging inside the bkies brain i realised that when a bike was made specifically for the US market and sold there miles are the only option, you can not switch between miles and kms using ICOM and ISTA package so I did a bit of searching, realised that there are a bunch of pszdata packets for this specific bike, found the right one one that allowed me to reprogram his TFT to kilometers. Turnes out that almost every US state has its own requirements and bmw has different software package for them. Oh well. After I spent almost a week searching this and that but solved the task, next 5 bikes were a piece of cake, i can find and use the proper data package and reprogram everything for under an hour. All of them were 2019 or 2020 R1250GS.
Thats 1250GS, pls note that.

Last week another guy came over with R1200GS Rallye - bought in bmw dealership in Texas, imported in europe, has TFT screen so i thought ok, this will be easy and it was BUT - after the first stop Hillstart option just vanishes. I used Esys to rget it back and as I pressed the front brake lever kilometers changed for miles. So i changed them back, pressed the brake lever and Hillstart vanishes again.

Now, I've done probably everything with the original and current data package on this bike including comparing them line by line and I do not see any connection between miles, front rake and hillstart doind that david copperfield stuff. I can have it with hillstart and miles (original software package) or redo it on km but no hillstart.

Just in case and i really cant see how to solve this - can GS-911 change miles to KM on R1200GS with TFT display? Asking for a friend :)

thebutcher307

Re: Miles to km on TFT R1200GS
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 07:18:08 PM »
Hello. Sorry to dig up an old post. I brought a US Spec R1250 GSA to the EU and am now trying to convert the TFT to KMPH. I just got a GS-911 today, so I am a newb to say the least.

Any suggestions for the layman on how to make this happen?

Thank you in advance!

schuppi

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 07:38:24 PM »
Hello
As the function chart shows : https://www.hexgs911.com/xkombihi/  :( No!

That's a dealers job
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more

GS Jim

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 07:37:18 AM »
I have a Canadian spec 2018 R1200 GS and I can switch back and forth between Miles and Kilometres on the TFT, no GS911 required. It also changes the odometer to match. I thought everyone could do this.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 07:39:57 AM by GS Jim »

Ruan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 02:09:00 PM »
Hi GS Jim, Thebutcher307

Yes, with all the TFT displays (except the USA spec), you are able to convert miles to km and vice versa within the bike's menu. We have looked into the XKOMBIHI's coding, but the changes that are made through the TFT doesn't reflect anywhere, so we haven't been able to get this up and running for the US spec guys who wants to convert to kmph.

Kind regards
Ruan

YVRSkyGuy

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2022, 08:51:00 AM »
Reviving

I have a Canadian 2022 R1250 GSA.  I'm unable to switch between KMH and MPH.
As this is a Canadian spec bike, will the GS911 allow me to enable this feature?  Anyone else have a Canadian '21 or '22 GSA that has the ability to change between KMH / MPH?

Ruan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2022, 09:06:51 AM »
Reviving

I have a Canadian 2022 R1250 GSA.  I'm unable to switch between KMH and MPH.
As this is a Canadian spec bike, will the GS911 allow me to enable this feature?  Anyone else have a Canadian '21 or '22 GSA that has the ability to change between KMH / MPH?

Hi YVRSkyGuy

You can check your bike's VIN number on our VIN decoder below:
https://www.hexinnovate.com/vin-decoder/

Although sold in Canada, I suspect it will still be a US spec bike, which means you won't be able to change your display units.

Kind regards
Ruan

YVRSkyGuy

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2022, 10:04:15 AM »
Correct.  VIN lists a USA Region bike :(

There was talk of this being corrected for Canadian models with the last I-level update 22-03 but I have already confirmed that is installed and still unable to change.

Thanks Ruan.

Ruan

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2022, 04:57:10 PM »
Hi YVRSkyGuy

I'm going to be honest on this one, local BMW technicians had talks in 2019 that the 2 sets of wheels stored by your RDC controller would return (as it was with the oil cooled bikes), we are now in 2022 and still nada :-(

Kind regards and safe travels
Ruan