Author Topic: WiFi Error  (Read 5417 times)

Randyjaco

WiFi Error
« on: March 21, 2020, 06:52:23 PM »
Sorry if this is a duplicate post, but I am having difficulties with this site.

About 6 months ago I set up my GS-911 wifi and haven't used it since. Today I needed to do a service. I got a Wifi Error. I was able to complete the service with the cable.
Since my original installation, I have put in a new wifi and presume that that is causing the problem? I don't remember pairing the module the first time, so how does one pair it? Or, do I have another problem?

Thanks,
Randy

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: WiFi Error
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 02:25:32 AM »
If you have put in a new WiFi router & not ensured the new one has the same passphrase as the old one then it will be your problem

Randyjaco

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 02:57:18 PM »
Thanks Wayne, that's probably it. Do you know how to reset the new password?

Randy

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 03:41:08 PM »
The login for each make/model of WiFi router would be in the user manual, I always look at old system settings then put it all in a replacement before deploying one, there would also be the question of whether the new WiFi sys is using the same IP No range

In your case you could note the passphrase on the bottom of the WiFi Sys, use a mobile to log into the GS911 in Hot Spot mode & get it to look for your new WiFi SSID, enter the passphrase save it & tell the GS911 to log into your WiFi system