Author Topic: Turn off Tyre Monitors  (Read 6460 times)

Dr Rich

Turn off Tyre Monitors
« on: September 17, 2019, 11:52:16 AM »
Good morning, I hope this hasn’t been asked before I couldn’t find it if it has.

Can we use the GS-911i to switch off the tyre pressure monitors and also prevent the warning lights appearing on the dashboard?

Many thanks for any advice.

Richard

Mornay

• Beta testers
Re: Turn off Tyre Monitors
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 07:25:33 AM »
Hi Richard,

The GS-911 can write a new set of tyres to the bike's TPMS, but unfortunately not turn the system off entirely to remove the error codes on the dash.

Regards,
Mornay

Dr Rich

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 07:43:41 AM »
Thank you for letting me know, much appreciated :)

panason1c

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 02:10:21 PM »
I wouldnt even think about turning off my tpms!.
Just last week, I was out  riding, when suddenly the red triangle started flashing at me and my tpm readout showed my rear tyre pressure reduced to 36psi, and dropping. I stopped and saw that there was a nail in the tyre. The tyre was deflating at a slow enough rate that gave me enough time to reach the nearest garage where I replenished the pressure, which then gave me the ability to get home.
If not for tpm, the only time I would have realised that I had a punctured tyre would have been when it was nearly flat, leaving me stranded by the road and having to be recovered.

Dr Rich

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 03:48:57 PM »
 Yes I agree they are an excellent feature, however, unfortunately when the batteries are expired you receive a warning light constantly. This doesn’t provide any early warning of low tyre pressure and simply  is an irritation or a distraction.

The ability to temporarily disable then would be a useful feature, once new tires and new sensors have been fitted the feature could then be switched back on.