Author Topic: Registering a new set of wheels GSA LC  (Read 12939 times)

DaveS

Registering a new set of wheels GSA LC
« on: December 03, 2017, 04:03:05 PM »
I've just bought a GS-911 in order to help with managing an extra set of wheels that I've got.
I have one set with offroad tyres and one set with road tyres.

I've tried to activate the RDC units in the spare set of wheels by using the deflation trick but the GS911 can't pick them up. It sticks in learning mode.
I wondered though why I can't just stick the bike on the main stand and get the rear wheel spinning by using the engine, won't that wake the sensor up in at least the rear wheel to get that one lodged....

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
Re: Registering a new set of wheels GSA LC
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 07:38:52 AM »
I've just bought a GS-911 in order to help with managing an extra set of wheels that I've got.
I have one set with offroad tyres and one set with road tyres.

I've tried to activate the RDC units in the spare set of wheels by using the deflation trick but the GS911 can't pick them up. It sticks in learning mode.
I wondered though why I can't just stick the bike on the main stand and get the rear wheel spinning by using the engine, won't that wake the sensor up in at least the rear wheel to get that one lodged....

Waking the sensor up and actually talking to it are two very different things it would appear.  I have not had any success in learning the IDs in this way.

I use the Ateq VT30 to wake the sensor and read the ID.  I then manually enter this ID for the second set of wheels.

panason1c

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 11:29:21 AM »
The deflation method didnt work for me either, I tried again and again without success...... I then bought a wake up tool off ebay for £13 which woke the sensor and registered the id to my gs911.

EL-50448 TPMS Activation Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor

schuppi

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 05:00:07 PM »
Hello panason1c

Thank yo for sharing this information, great!  Will look for this equipment.
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more

trondk

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 04:41:11 PM »
The deflation method didnt work for me either, I tried again and again without success...... I then bought a wake up tool off ebay for £13 which woke the sensor and registered the id to my gs911.

EL-50448 TPMS Activation Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor

Hi, panason1c, could you please describe the process?
Do you simply connect the EL-50448, press go on it, and then search for TPS on the 911? Or do you initiate both wheels before searching with the 911?
Thx

Jughead

• Beta testers
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 05:09:51 PM »
The easiest is to initiate the gs911 learning function.  Then use the tool to wake the sensors.  When the sensor transmits its ID to the tool, the GS911 will also pick it up.

trondk

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 06:11:25 PM »
The easiest is to initiate the gs911 learning function.  Then use the tool to wake the sensors.  When the sensor transmits its ID to the tool, the GS911 will also pick it up.

OK, Thx, I guess I´ll order a wake-up tool!

panason1c

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 09:33:09 PM »

+1

a31burgervan

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 10:46:59 AM »
Do you need to use a wakup tool ?

GS Jim

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2018, 06:08:51 PM »
Yes, the tool mentioned is inexpensive and also has the added bonus of waking up the sensors in GM/Chevy (and maybe others) vehicles for after you rotate your tires.

Menoche

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 12:08:44 AM »
might as well record the ID number of each sensor so next time you can just write them in instead of having to force wake the sensors each time.
saves a few minutes but it's worth it :-)

Jughead

• Beta testers
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 02:35:40 PM »
might as well record the ID number of each sensor so next time you can just write them in instead of having to force wake the sensors each time.
saves a few minutes but it's worth it :-)

[emoji106]

With every bike I service, the sensor IDs are recorded and written in the cover of the clients service book.

cback2

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2019, 05:53:58 AM »
I have been able to set the TPMS to "learn" and then disconnect.  Upon riding the next day, the sensor began to register fine. 
I did it this way because I forget to write down the new TPMS tag number prior to mounting a set of tires on my new Woody's wheels......DUH!